Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

best crj?

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

righty i have flown many and never been totally satisfied.i'm mainly after a crj-200, though a 700 is ok - i'm not a fan of the 900 though.

i've flown the posky lot - they're nice but sometimes a little too framerate heavy. i've just flown the abacus one - and i wasn;t impressed for something i have to pay for to keep.

i've also flown an ai model with a config created by myself - and that's possibly the nicest one yet, just not fully animated Sad

i flew another, i think it was spanish in origin and that didn;t even work properly. any help?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

ah i have the project skyworks one, it would be fine if they got rid of the vc - it really isn't very nice.

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

Go to www.wilcopub.com or www.feelthere.com/2005 They have the full range of CRJ series and they are payware. I don't have the CRJ but I will be getting their ERJ anyday now and they all look good. If you ask around her about the Feelthere CRJ you should get some feedback.

hinchypi Guest

damn, the feelthere crj 200 looks simply amazing! i want it badly Razz let me know how the erj is and i'll consider buying Smile

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

Well if you make a new topic about the Feelthere CRJ you will get some feedback. You should just go ahead and do that. It will be about 2 weeks until I get a new airplane. It will be a feelthere but I am not sure which one. I might wait for their next jet which I think will be the Embraer Legacy and get the FT 737 or Cessna 208.

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

The feelthere CRJ series is just okay (amazing external model!), but it is fairly outdated. It was released quite some time ago, so if you have flown any other form of payware you may be slightly disappointed. The frame-rates in the VC are also fairly bad, but I usually load only the 2d-model version of it.

The feelthere ERJ is a HUGE step up. The model is extremely realistic, the cockpit is amazing in its technological depth, and the plane in general really is superb. If you are in the market for a regional jet, that certainly is the way to go!

hinchypooples Guest

i fly a lot of planes on how they look...sad i know. and i'm not a fan on virtual cockpits, mainly i suppose as i've never really had a good one. the opensky crj 200 is excellent, but it doesn;t half lag sometimes in vc and tower views.

hows the feelthere erj on framerates?

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

It is quite good. I really enjoy the VC, and can get fine frame rates regardless of the views I use. Granted, I'm usually not flying regional jets in major metropolitain areas with heavy traffic, but it runs well for my purposes!

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

i've done 3 flights today in the opensky crj, it is nice to be fair - but the lagging with the vc in metropolitan areas (as you say) does get to my pc. at night in the countryside or over the sea; no worries.

i also downloaded the star alliance adria texture, and it's a lot healthier for outside 3rd person views.

Pro Member Trainee
mickjason Trainee

I have to agree with John on the FeelThere CRJ. I paid for it and was highly disappointed, even after I spent a weekend teaching myself to fly it. The manuals that came with it as I remember were very limited as well. If you're looking to just build hours with the CRJ for your airline, or just want a stable CRJ for free I would go with the Project Opensky CRJ aircraft.

Not much of a regional sim flyer anymore, but had fun with the POSKY's.

- JM