SearchSearch 

Just noticed this.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Well, I finally got around to fully reading through the stickied approach guides, and although when I noticed that Agus0404's work, as well as mine, was taken, without, as far as I know, not even a PM saying "Hey I'm gonna throw this together and get a sticky out of it". I also noticed that there wasn't anywhere within the guides, anything giving credit to Agus or myself. Now I know some of the frequent flyaway-er's will jump on this post with the classic "You've had your chance to bitch, but you didn't, deal with it" things, I would say that that was the main reason I didn't say anything in the first place, was because I figured I'd end up with the "it's for the good of the community, don't be selfish" deals.

Anyway, if I might just ask, seeing is how asking to have my guide removed would subsequently require Agus's guide to be taken (He made a guide including mine, (yes, he ASKED first) in it, and parts of mine are in there, therefore if I requested my guide taken down, his would have to go as well.) Could someone, at the end of each guide on the sticky, give credit to whoever it is that actually WROTE the guide. Plagiarism, however small the incident, is frustrating to the person who gets shivved by the plagiariser.

Don't bother taking down the guides, I don't want to deal with all that, just credit given at the end of the guides. It's also none to difficult to PM someone with a quick "can I use this" question either.

Thank you for the time.

21 Responses

Pro Member First Officer
Michael_H First Officer

Is it possible there are those who don't know that you are the author of

Wifebeater 767?... 😁

Pro Member Captain
Micah Captain

Fire_Emblem_Master wrote:

Now I know some of the frequent flyaway-er's will jump on this post with the classic "You've had your chance to bitch, but you didn't, deal with it" things, I would say that that was the main reason I didn't say anything in the first place, was because I figured I'd end up with the "it's for the good of the community, don't be selfish" deals.

FEM, if you dont want the frequent flyaway'ers to jump on with comments like the above, what is your motivation for this post?

Everyone knows that you are extremely knowledgable, and we have all been grateful for your help at one time or another, i know i have, so if you are after recongnition, you get that anyway, almost constantly.

However, if i wrote and imparted a usefull piece of info such as you have, i would just be very glad that others have benefited from it.

If you really have a beef about it, then surely you should take this direct to the moderators privately?

Sorry if i have gone on and sound like an old man!! 🙄

All comments meant in the nicest way too my friend 😉

Micah 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Motivation? I simply wanted to bring it to light. I'm not stabbing myself to death over it (Although I am stabbing myself, I'll elaborate on that in the Off Topic Forum) but I just have always figured that if someone created a good piece of info, and another uses it, the creator should at least grant permission first. That's all.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

My friend FEM

I would like to add some comments about your states if im allowed to.

First of all in general i agree that anyone gives an iformation or an idea or something that will be used for publishing he deserves a small comment about his effort to it.This is obvious and in real life cases if this doesnt happens there are laws that can support the creator of this.(of course for bigger cases...dont bring a lawyer here please... 😂 😉 )

If i focus to your personal state,of course i respect and full understand your words and complainments,but from the other side if someone here dont need anymore(and since long time ago)proves for his great knowledges this is YOU.When i first log in to this site your posts about How to Fly impress me and the first thought of mine was that maybe you were a real pilot or at least a high level student one.

I have to admit that if i want to learn about heavies the first ones posts i visit and search are yours(without meaning to downgrade the others knowledges of course..like Agus for examble and more and more....)

So my friend even though you are totally right i would like to (friendly)suggest you to relax and to keep on mind that all of us appriciate your big effort to this site and to our knowledges.

Friendly and respectful to you. 😉

Pro Member Captain
Bindolaf Captain

You touch upon an interesting subject - interesting on many levels.

Not to say that all copyright should be abolished (anything but) I do support "free information flow". If that sometimes means not mentioning the author, so be it. Just to correct a minor error, plagiarism is presenting someone else's work as one's own. The sticky simply collects useful posts without any claim of authorship.

Anyway, not to get into much detail, for my part, you're free to disseminate my posts to anyone you wish, you may link them, compile them, delete them. As long as you don't profit from it, I don't care if you mention the author - "Bindolaf" doesn't give me any credit anyway, I may have a different name on each forum and it's not my real name. Even if it were, you don't know me 😛

But yea, I for my part will try to respect "copyrights" so to speak from now on.

Pro Member First Officer
rob (Habu) First Officer

FEM is 100 % correct. Yes, when you write on the internet there is no copyright, unless you legally copyrighted your stuff... However, the decent thing to do is to give proper credit where it is due. Not just copy/paste someone's labors into your own document, like you thought it up, spent the time to author it. FEM spent his valueable time to help others. He is exactly correct to expect some couteous credit for what he did !! Period ! rob

Pro Member First Officer
beerbadger First Officer

sounds fair

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

Yes, of course, it sounds fair. I agree with FEM. He is right.

I nearly don't have nothing to say about this. The guys above me said mostly everything.

FEM wrote this:

but I just have always figured that if someone created a good piece of info, and another uses it, the creator should at least grant permission first. That's all.

That is completely right. We can't just take one's information without permission.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Hey

I've just come across this post and sent FEM and Agus a PM. I'm sorry about not informing you of using you guides in one post. A while back, I PM'd RadarMan suggesting that a post of all the approach be made because there was a big increase in the amount of posts regarding approaches. I put one together with the idea that all of the posts from various members at Fly Away could be collated into one post, not for me to take credit, but for it to be made easier for people needing help and people giving help. I found links from around the net and sites RadarMan had suggested plus FEM's and Agus's guides, and decided to collate them into one easy to find post. At the top in bold I explained the post was made up of people's work from the site. It didn't occur to me it was plagurism because the work had never left the site to be used for anyone different other than those at Fly Away; rather it had been moved to one place. Seeing as though everyone here already knew it was FEM's and Agus's work I didn't see a problem. Thats what I thought at the time.

I understand everyones point of view and I will amend it or even delete the whole post if you wish 😉
Sorry again
🍻

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😕 What exactly is the problem here?

Have some of you had a bad day?

FEM and Agus0404 you both made your point on October 27 2005 and now almost 2 months on 🙄
So why are we now jumping up and down on 99jolegg
So you didnt get credit Crying or Very sad

At the top of the post

A helpful guide to ILS, NDB, VOR & GPS approaches. Made up by various people from this site and others

At no time has 99jolegg claimed this to be all his own work Evil or Very Mad

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Jon,
I was waiting for you to come and see this thread.
Just put all the "contributors" names at the top in bold and the fact that you compiled this tutorial.
That way you can add others as you see them posted on the forums.
If anyone doesn't like this way of doing it please speak up here, not in a PM.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Only a humble notice if im allowed to....

I please all of you remain calm and decent.I dont like to see flames between the bests of the bests... Crying or Very sad

Sorry for interupt this very serious discussion.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Problem solved.

😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

99jolegg wrote:

Problem solved.

😉

Group Wave

Time for 🍻 🍻 🍻 (hurry up to save some load before TTT comes... 😉 )

Pro Member First Officer
rob (Habu) First Officer

Hey 99jolegg, If I caused you distress with my comments, I APOLOGIZE. I spoke in general terms and did not investigate the specifics. If I had, I woulda wrote something similar to TTT. I am impressed how everyone conducted this discussion and all is solved to everyone's satisfaction. 99jolegg, you are a stand-up person ! And I'm sure alot of people appreciate your efforts and the time you spent on this. I don't contribute here much, but sneak in and sneak out daily. Everyone in this post are great contributors who make this site great ! rob

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Get a 🍻 too my friend.

All this guys in this topic are great persons... Bow Down 👍

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😀 Too late Im here 😀

🍻 Ah thats better Group Wave

Everybody grab a beer,Greekmans paying ROFL

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

LoooooL
ROFL
I have to pay for litle Tiger FSP registration cause his mother wont... 😂 ...No effort for beers...especially if you are guest...I have to sell my body to earn this money... 😉 😉 😉 ROFL ROFL ROFL

👍

Pro Member Chief Captain

Habu wrote:

Hey 99jolegg, If I caused you distress with my comments, I APOLOGIZE. I spoke in general terms and did not investigate the specifics. If I had, I woulda wrote something similar to TTT. I am impressed how everyone conducted this discussion and all is solved to everyone's satisfaction. 99jolegg, you are a stand-up person ! And I'm sure alot of people appreciate your efforts and the time you spent on this. I don't contribute here much, but sneak in and sneak out daily. Everyone in this post are great contributors who make this site great ! rob

Its ok, no offence taken. Get drunk, its the answer to everything Yes

ROFL

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Wisely spoken... Wacko Wacko Wacko

👍 ROFL

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

I'm taking one too 😉

🍻