SearchSearch 

Just got FS2004

vwwanksta69 Guest

I got my Alienware laptop a couple of months ago and had been planning on buying this game for awhile. I finally got the attack3 joystick and ordered my software and now have it installed. I was wondering what I should do next to upgrade the software as I have read there are add on's such as FSp, what does everyone recomend the next step I take?

PS I sent my five dollars 4 days ago, when do you usually get your conformation link?

thanks chris

9 Responses

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

The first thing you should do if get the FS9 patch version 9.1 and install it if you already haven't done that. What kind of add ons you might want depends on where and what kind of flying you plan on doing.

There is a ton of free add ons you can choose from as well as payware.

vwwanksta69 Guest

that patch is located on microsoft website correct?

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

Yes, you will find it here. Scroll down until you find the download.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2795/flight-simulator-2004-update-v91/

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Check for your conformation in the deleted and junk files of your e-mail.
If you don't get it soon, write to them at accounts@flyawaysimulation.com .
Put ATT: Flyaway in the subject line and tell them all you can, include the e-mail that you used to sign up.

Radar

Pro Member Captain
Sam (SamIntel) Captain

Check out this site for lots of addons:
www.flight1.com

Pro Member First Officer
HardLanding First Officer

The latest shipping versions of FS04 are V9.1, so you may not have to download the update. Microsoft's page for the update tells you how to check the version you have.

HL

vwwanksta69 Guest

ok so basically Ultimate Traffic is making it more realistic with planes everywhere like in real life what other good aspects does it have?

vwwanksta69 Guest

I got Ultimate Traffic but when playing I do not see that many aircraft. I was at Philly Intl and there were only about 5 aircraft at the gates?? How do you set up Ultimate to have the amount of aircraft they showed in the pictures?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

vwwanksta69 wrote:

I got Ultimate Traffic but when playing I do not see that many aircraft. I was at Philly Intl and there were only about 5 aircraft at the gates?? How do you set up Ultimate to have the amount of aircraft they showed in the pictures?

Go into settings/traffic and set it to 100%. You'll see more traffic in the sky and on the ground but you will take a small FPS hit.
Wait about 10 minutes for some real action, you launch the sim it's the start of the day.

Radar