SearchSearch 

Landing Improvements

Pro Member Trainee
THOR Trainee

😀 😀

Hi all!! Very pleased to announce that I am getting very comfy with FS2004. At first when I bought it I had all kinds of trouble with landing anything larger than a 737, I was used to flying air combat sims. Now with adjusting my learning & flying skills I have been doing a world better on my landings. 737'S are getting easier, 767's & 777's are very stable birds on landing. Now tomorrow I'm going to start with 747's, DC-10's & MD-11's. Oddly weird; I come from the fast crazy world of flying combat jets and now I haven't touched anything in the last month except FS2004. I can gladly say that Microsoft produced a kick ass flight sim for once. Take care all.

THOR

😎 😀 😎

8 Responses

Pro Member Site Admin
Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) Site Admin

So, is this your first Microsoft Flight Simulator purchase?

Pro Member Trainee
THOR Trainee

No I owned FS200 but found it still lacking certain fetuers, then I graduated to FS2002 and started to appreciate flying without having peole shoot at you for a change. 🙂 🙂

Pro Member Trainee
abaris Trainee

THOR wrote:

No I owned FS200 but found it still lacking certain fetuers, then I graduated to FS2002 and started to appreciate flying without having peole shoot at you for a change. 🙂 🙂

Same goes for me. Played Sturmovik for a while and then gave FS2004 a try. I wouldn't have imagined how much fun it is, to simply fly without any other challenge.

Pro Member Site Admin

Yep, Real Simulation is great - you get the real feel of what flying is like, and if you are a real pilot, and can't get up in the skies - this is one easy way to do just that.

Pro Member Trainee
abaris Trainee

flyaway wrote:

Yep, Real Simulation is great - you get the real feel of what flying is like, and if you are a real pilot, and can't get up in the skies - this is one easy way to do just that.

Well, do you know, how realistic this feels? I posed this question once before, but never got an answer. I would just be interested, if grapping the stick comes close to the real thing (at least as real as possible on a PC).

Pro Member Site Admin

Well, to get it as real as it can be - you would need to have a Yoke. IF you have a yoke, I can definatley say that this it one of the closest things to the real thing. A video you might be interested in is about how realistic Flight Simulation really is. It's an interview with PC Pilots's Editor, Dermot Stapleton. Check it out here:
http://www.bbcworld.com/content/clickonline_archive_34_2003.asp?pageid=666&co_pageid=2

(interview at the foot of page)

Pro Member Trainee
abaris Trainee

flyaway wrote:

Well, to get it as real as it can be - you would need to have a Yoke. IF you have a yoke, I can definatley say that this it one of the closest things to the real thing. A video you might be interested in is about how realistic Flight Simulation really is. It's an interview with PC Pilots's Editor, Dermot Stapleton. Check it out here:
http://www.bbcworld.com/content/clickonline_archive_34_2003.asp?pageid=666&co_pageid=2

(interview at the foot of page)

Well, I have the CH Flight Sim yoke and a rather cheap FF-Joystick. Thanks for the link.

Pro Member Trainee
markmac141 Trainee

Not having flown in a few years I'm probably off a little. Flying in 2004 compared to 2002 I was quite impressed in the flight dynamic changes. 2004 just "feels" way more real to me. Things that I dont see though that you would see much more in a real airplane (especially smaller planes)....no "ground effect" on landing in flight sim. and just looking around takes a bit longer in virtual cockpit than in real life. so its quite a bit easier to do an S-turn on a roadway than it would be in Flight Sim. Also you bounce around quite a bit more during the daytime. Other than that seems pretty real.