Landing Improvements

Pro Member Trainee
THOR Trainee

😀 😀

Hi all!! Very pleased to announce that I am getting very comfy with FS2004. At first when I bought it I had all kinds of trouble with landing anything larger than a 737, I was used to flying air combat sims. Now with adjusting my learning & flying skills I have been doing a world better on my landings. 737'S are getting easier, 767's & 777's are very stable birds on landing. Now tomorrow I'm going to start with 747's, DC-10's & MD-11's. Oddly weird; I come from the fast crazy world of flying combat jets and now I haven't touched anything in the last month except FS2004. I can gladly say that Microsoft produced a kick ass flight sim for once. Take care all.

THOR

😎 😀 😎

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Site Admin
Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) Site Admin

So, is this your first Microsoft Flight Simulator purchase?

Pro Member Trainee
THOR Trainee

No I owned FS200 but found it still lacking certain fetuers, then I graduated to FS2002 and started to appreciate flying without having peole shoot at you for a change. 🙂 🙂

Pro Member Trainee
abaris Trainee

THOR wrote:

No I owned FS200 but found it still lacking certain fetuers, then I graduated to FS2002 and started to appreciate flying without having peole shoot at you for a change. 🙂 🙂

Same goes for me. Played Sturmovik for a while and then gave FS2004 a try. I wouldn't have imagined how much fun it is, to simply fly without any other challenge.

Pro Member Site Admin

Yep, Real Simulation is great - you get the real feel of what flying is like, and if you are a real pilot, and can't get up in the skies - this is one easy way to do just that.

Pro Member Trainee
abaris Trainee

flyaway wrote:

Yep, Real Simulation is great - you get the real feel of what flying is like, and if you are a real pilot, and can't get up in the skies - this is one easy way to do just that.

Well, do you know, how realistic this feels? I posed this question once before, but never got an answer. I would just be interested, if grapping the stick comes close to the real thing (at least as real as possible on a PC).

Pro Member Site Admin

Well, to get it as real as it can be - you would need to have a Yoke. IF you have a yoke, I can definatley say that this it one of the closest things to the real thing. A video you might be interested in is about how realistic Flight Simulation really is. It's an interview with PC Pilots's Editor, Dermot Stapleton. Check it out here:
http://www.bbcworld.com/content/clickonline_archive_34_2003.asp?pageid=666&co_pageid=2

(interview at the foot of page)

Pro Member Trainee
abaris Trainee

flyaway wrote:

Well, to get it as real as it can be - you would need to have a Yoke. IF you have a yoke, I can definatley say that this it one of the closest things to the real thing. A video you might be interested in is about how realistic Flight Simulation really is. It's an interview with PC Pilots's Editor, Dermot Stapleton. Check it out here:
http://www.bbcworld.com/content/clickonline_archive_34_2003.asp?pageid=666&co_pageid=2

(interview at the foot of page)

Well, I have the CH Flight Sim yoke and a rather cheap FF-Joystick. Thanks for the link.

Pro Member Trainee
markmac141 Trainee

Not having flown in a few years I'm probably off a little. Flying in 2004 compared to 2002 I was quite impressed in the flight dynamic changes. 2004 just "feels" way more real to me. Things that I dont see though that you would see much more in a real airplane (especially smaller planes)....no "ground effect" on landing in flight sim. and just looking around takes a bit longer in virtual cockpit than in real life. so its quite a bit easier to do an S-turn on a roadway than it would be in Flight Sim. Also you bounce around quite a bit more during the daytime. Other than that seems pretty real.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...