How In The World Do You......

Pro Member First Officer
Mason Gilliam (harleyman) First Officer

Take a screen-shot????? I see many great ones here and would love to find out how to take some of my own to be able to share...Expecially when my new stuff arrives...TOMORROW.....

I know that FlyAway and RadarMan know how......

Someone please help out an ol dummy...LOL Thanks....Mason

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Dave Copeland (davec) Captain

I've got Screenhunter which uses the print screen key and is simple to use. The free edition 😂 does all I want but you can purchase th Pro edition. Put it in your Startup folder and it is there for use anytime.

You can download it at http://www.wisdom-soft.com for free.
I use 800x600 resolution which I think is big enough for DU modems to cope with.

As I find most of the screenshots too dark, as are a lot of the ones on FS2004 gallery I use a photo editor to lighten them up a bit. Any basic editor will do.
Hope this helps
Have a look at Fs2004 Gallery - descend date order - 9th down

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

This is also one of the most popular screen shot "takers" for the Flight Sim.

FSScreen

http://www.flytradewind.org/hangar/util.htm

Pro Member First Officer

Thanks Davec and RadarMan.......I got your idea there RM....No reason...Just did....

Now all I gotta do is learn how to use it....LOL That will be the *scary* part......lol

Will try it soon I hope...My new stuff has been tracked and arrives today so I gots lots of new toys to play with...... 🙄 🙄 😀

Pro Member Captain
Dave Copeland (davec) Captain

I prefer ScreenHunter becase it saves the image in jpg (less bytes than bmp)), directly to My Documents/Flight Simulator Files with file name Screehunter0001 up - and no need to go into clipboard to save the files - which if you have taken several screen shots is a bit drawn out - but as they say - one man's poison is........ 🙂

Pro Member First Officer

Morning Davec....Hmmmm..No reason why I tried the other....BUT....If yours is so easy,,and I need easy,,maybe I will go get it too....lol

Thanks for your help.....Mason

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

DaveC,
I've been using something called "CapturePro" that I've had for many a year. It was a free app then but now someone is making it under the same name and charging.
It comes out a bmp and I change it to a jpg with http://www.irfanview.com/.
I like the way yours sounds and I just downloaded it and will try it out, thanks for the link.

Pro Member Trainee
Jim Glockner (jimmyglockner) Trainee

Thanks Davec. I just downloaded SscreenHunter free. I will give it a try the next time I fire up the flight sim.

Happy flying.

JimmyGlockner

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...