SearchSearch 

Have you visted an Aviation Museum?

Have you visted an Aviation Museum?
Yes
66%
 66%  [ 12 ]
No
33%
 33%  [ 6 ]
     
Total Votes : 18
    
Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

I decied to create this poll after reading the poll answers on 'Have you been inside an real aircraft cockpit?' I turned out most people who answered yes, had done so at a Aviation Museum.

So this poll is asking have you been to Aviation Museum, not whethere or not you have been inside a cockpit- got it?

If you answer yes- please write the name (s) or the ones you have visted!

Personally, I haved visted the museums at Duxford, Hendon and Tangmere in the UK. (All ex-RAF bases I belive) and MOTAT in NZ!

Cheers

13 Responses

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

Yes, I have been to the NAS museum in Pensacola Florida many times and will be back again. Another good source is Air Shows, I have spent a lot of hours at them. I favor Warbird shows, but I have went to others.

I have also been in shops where they reconstruct Warbirds. It is amazing how they can take a pile of pieces and reconstruct a flying aircraft from it. I visited once when they had a P-38 spread out on the floor in bits and pieces, there comment was it was virtually undamaged.LOL

When I mentioned being in the cockpit I wasn't counting the ones at the air museum.

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

cheekytrolly wrote:

I decied to create this poll after reading the poll answers on 'Have you been inside an real aircraft cockpit?' I turned out most people who answered yes, had done so at a Aviation Museum.

So this poll is asking have you been to Aviation Museum, not whethere or not you have been inside a cockpit- got it?

If you answer yes- please write the name (s) or the ones you have visted!

Personally, I haved visted the museums at Duxford, Hendon and Tangmere in the UK. (All ex-RAF bases I belive) and MOTAT in NZ!

Cheers

I've been to the museum at MOTAT in Auckland and am hoping to go to the Air Force museum at the Ohakea air base sometime soon.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

I had to vote no. Crying or Very sad

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

There's one(?) at the Miramar base in San Diego, or maybe not. I've stopped to look at all the old (W.W.II) and newer aircraft parked there.
I never looked to see if there is a main entrance (Miramar Blvd.) for the public but it's behind a chain link fence at the street so I'm 20' away from some of them.
If I go again sometime I'll take my camera

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

I went to about 13.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

In Athens we have a Military Airport(Dekelia-LGDK)which is not in use for military purposes any more and everyone is free to visit it.They have turn a place to mysuem there which you can see some old military crafts.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

The United States Air Force Museam in Dayton Ohio is the most amazing aviation museam that I have ever visited. I go quite often and of the many museams that I've seen, it's the best. I like it better than the Smithsonian Air and Space Museam in Washington DC. You can get very close to the aircraft within the museam. They just added a new hanger and it is my favorite place.

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

CRJCapt wrote:

The United States Air Force Museam in Dayton Ohio is the most amazing aviation museam that I have ever visited. I go quite often and of the many museams that I've seen, it's the best. I like it better than the Smithsonian Air and Space Museam in Washington DC. You can get very close to the aircraft within the museam. They just added a new hanger and it is my favorite place.

That is one of the things that is so great about the NAS museum in Pensacola. You can walk right up to the planes, touch them if you like, walk around them, look them over as you want to. There are no rope lines or anything to keep you from them.

My finger prints are on more than one of them. Whistle

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

Indiana is my home state and I did go to an air show at Wright Patterson, but I never made it to the museum. My bad.

To compliment your link to that museum here is the link to NAS museum.........enjoy, lots to see.

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

I've been to the EAA Museum in Oshkosh also the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago but I don;t know if that counts.

Pro Member Captain
PanAmerican Captain

I went to one when I was in San Diego. Can't remember name of it though.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Nope. Never had the chance - or found the time...weird Help!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

Nope. Never had the chance - or found the time...weird Help!

Very Weird... ❗

Maybe you dont needed cause you have your own my friend... ❗ Poke in Eye

All times are GMT Page 1 of 1

Related Questions