Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Research Stats

Hello everybody,

My name is Asveen Seebooa and I am an undergraduate mechanical engineering student. I am trying to develop a new flight control wheel (yoke) for my final year project and I wish to do a survey with all those who are flight sim fanatics…

Please take your time:

1 What is your age?

2 Apart from flight simulation, do you play any other games as frequently?

3 What rating would you give yourself as a flight sim pilot?

A Novice
B Expert
C Professional

4 What platform and simulator do you use? (E.g. PC + Microsoft Flight Sim)

5 Do you have any flight control hardware?

6 If “Yes”, what are they? (E.g. Logitech Force 3D, CH Yoke, Sidewinder Joystick etc.)

7 If “No”, what flight control hardware would you prefer to buy in the near future?

8 What is your preferred way of shopping for flight simulation accessories? (E.g. E-bay, Manufacturer’s website, etc.)

9 If you had to purchase one of the following, which one would you go for:

A Flight Sim Yoke USB from CH Products - $149.95

B Elite Mooney Yoke USB - $520

C ELITE Pro Panel SE Flight Console USB - $1,195

D ELITE Pro Panel II Flight Console USB - $2,195

10 What do you believe would take home based flight simulation to the next level?

Thank you very much for your time

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

1 What is your age? Old enough to buy whatever I want.

2 Apart from flight simulation, do you play any other games as frequently? Yes

3 What rating would you give yourself as a flight sim pilot? A
A Novice
B Expert
C Professional

4 What platform and simulator do you use? (E.g. PC + Microsoft Flight Sim) PC & MS Flight Sim

5 Do you have any flight control hardware? Yes
6 If “Yes”, what are they? (E.g. Logitech Force 3D, CH Yoke, Sidewinder Joystick etc.) Sidewinder Precision Pro2 USB Joystick.

7 If “No”, what flight control hardware would you prefer to buy in the near future? If yes CH Yoke

8 What is your preferred way of shopping for flight simulation accessories? (E.g. E-bay, Manufacturer’s website, etc.) Amazon9 If you had to purchase one of the following, which one would you go for:

A Flight Sim Yoke USB from CH Products - $149.95

B Elite Mooney Yoke USB - $520

C ELITE Pro Panel SE Flight Console USB - $1,195

D ELITE Pro Panel II Flight Console USB - $2,195

10 What do you believe would take home based flight simulation to the next level? Much better scenery.

Radar

Spirit 234 Guest

RAdar man, you sidewinder stick.. would u recommend it in general for flight simming games? how about games that require very quick succesive break turns, and fast game play. Has your trigger ever jammed or malfunctioned?

Carl

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I highly recommend it and I haven't had any "sticking" problems or any other problems with it. Yes it is very responsive.
Unfortunately it is no longer in production although some are still available from Amazon.

Radar