rambunctious

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

How can you forget a name like that??

Earls Court - Aussies - Rambunctious. Sorry, don't mean anything, just my way of word association.
Australia looks pretty bleak in FS... this might slap some paint on your huge island. Haven't tried it - only just found it ➡

http://www.vistaoz.org/

Answers 23 Answers

Jump to latest
Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Hmmm, I dont see why you find Australia 'Boisterous and disorderly' unless you are making a crude link back to thier ancectors who were convicts...?

I guess it's a good find though, although not actually released yet. I would have expected radarman to come up with something like this actually.

The screenshots on the website looked fantastic but they also seemed photoreal, and if they are attempting to cover the whole 7,682,300 SQ KM
then thats gonna use up the whole of my hardrive, plus plently more...

The water textures also looked great, and my ozzie mate who I was flying online with last night was gratefull for the link.

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

Looks like a promising product, for freeware it looks quite detailed. Another addon on my list for when we get a FS friendly computer! 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Vista Australis is released today exclusive to AVSIM! December 23rd, 2005 - Vista Australis (or VOZ) will revolutionize FS2004 in a way no other single addon has done before. This freeware package rivals commercial payware releases but does not skimp on quality or features. In addition to replacing all the FS2004 textures for the entire Australian continent, VOZ does this across four distinct geographical regions and also includes roads, water, coastlines, sceneries, new water, clouds, dawn, dusk, massively detailed Melbourne CBD, Sydney Harbour upgrades, new building models, the highest density autogen in any scenery release with stunningly detailed city and rural autogen textures and much much more.

Wrap this all up in a professional installer...

more ➡ http://avsim.com/

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Its December 24th today, not 23rd! I'm downloading the Vistaoz file overnight because its only 60mb 😕 (not sure if that is good or bad yet) and it will be a nice little present for my Flight Simulator! 😀

I'll write a review of it here with some screenshots after all the hype of Chistmas wares off and I find myself solemly sitting back infront of the computer screen 🙄

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

cheekytrolly wrote:

Hmmm, I dont see why you find Australia 'Boisterous and disorderly' unless you are making a crude link back to thier ancectors who were convicts...?

And why would I do a thing like that? I'm surprised that despite your meticulous way of reading these forums it has escaped your attention that one of the few australian members here goes by the name of 'Rambunctious'.

It is obvious that you have never been to Earls Court otherwise you'd be aware of the fact that Earls Court is commonly referred to as 'little Australia'.

Since you obviously haven't got a clue what I'm talking about, I'd suggest you keep your pubescent nose out of this and learn some manners.

If you are unable to control your anger young man, ask your parents to give you a punching bag for your birthday.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Good find.

Download was slow, but the installation was easy.

Two caveats.

1) Read the readme and install the .net file referred to, first.
2) Read the manual and use the Voz switcher to actually put the scenery in place.

It takes up about 260 MB of disk space.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

cheekytrolly wrote:

And why would I do a thing like that? I'm surprised that despite your meticulous way of reading these forums it has escaped your attention that one of the few australian members here goes by the name of 'Rambunctious'.

It is obvious that you have never been to Earls Court otherwise you'd be aware of the fact that Earls Court is commonly referred to as 'little Australia'.

Since you obviously haven't got a clue what I'm talking about, I'd suggest you keep your pubescent nose out of this and learn some manners.

If you are unable to control your anger young man, ask your parents to give you a punching bag for your birthday.

tbh, i have been to Earls Court and didn't know it was called that.. I also didn't even know we had a member called Rambunctious let alone that he was from Australia..

and, he actually seems to be saying its a good link and his friend was grateful for the link.

His post wasn't even written in an angry way!

So, he made an assumption about what you are talking about based on the fact that he didn't know earls court was called 'little australia' when there actually is a good chance he has never been there, and that he didn't know there was a member named rambunctious from aus and thought maybe you were meaning something else.

Your link there, to be honest, for those who aren't actually inside your thought process - is somewhat tenuous!

Maybe it is you that needs a punching bag?

Pro Member Chief Captain

Okay folks, it is time to calm down. Each person took what the other said in a way that wasn't intended.

What the heck?!? I'm becoming a peace maker!
ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

I feel violated now crash, say something grouchy immediately or Christmas just won't be right

🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain

Insight wrote:

I feel violated now crash, say something grouchy immediately or Christmas just won't be right

🙂

😂 LOL 😂

I tried the scenery. It looks nice even though all I did was fly from Sydney to Canberra. I realize I've never flown there so I have no idea of how much an improvement it makes. 😳

Oh, right, you wanted me to say something grouchy. Horse Twaddle!

Don't ask what it means. I just do phrases, not definitions. 🙄

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Quite frankly Insight, I think you should keep your nose out of this as well... considering that all of your previous attempts at 'peace making' have been futile due to lack of comprehension of the topic in question.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Merry Christmas Everybody ❗ ❗ ❗

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

Quite frankly Insight, I think you should keep your nose out of this as well... considering that all of your previous attempts at 'peace making' have been futile due to lack of comprehension of the topic in question.

I was standing up for a fellow forumite from a somewhat unnecessary attack by yourself, I will stick my nose where ever i fancy thank you. A glorious little thing named freedom of speech!

I am not attempting to peacemake anyway, merely point out how your somewhat unprovoked attack on poor cheeky over there was a little unfair given how obscure your references were! Him mis-understanding was a very simple mistake for which you bit off his head.

I have no idea at what you're referencing when you mention my previous attempts at peace making, the only one I can think of was standing up for you having posted something in an incorrect forum!

Attempting to insult me by suggesting I do not comprehend posts I contribute to is somewhat amusing though. Sometimes I mis understand when the original author doesn't post a very clear question to begin with, but I certainly comprehend things I give advice on, or I wouldn't bother now would I?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

I said MERRY CHRISTMAS. ❗ ❗ ❗

Pro Member Chief Captain

Merry Christmas, Greekman.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Insight,

after your most recent instalment of incoherent diatribe I can only conclude that the alcohol is already taking it's effect.

And that's all I have to say to that.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Enough with the ad hominem attacks. Mad

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

Insight,

after your most recent instalment of incoherent diatribe I can only conclude that the alcohol is already taking it's effect.

And that's all I have to say to that.

Me incoherent? Somewhat rich coming from your good self Mr Tailhook! 🙂

Hadn't had a drop by the way. 😀 The funny thing is you think I am actually bitter about this, quite the opposite - I find you most amusing ROFL

As for Merry Xmas Greekman, in case you hadn't noticed already I am not really a big fan of this time of year anyway Wink However, I do want to wish you a Merry Christmas my friend. 🍻

I do still feel that you owe cheeky an apology, Tailhook. His post wasn't an angry one - can you not see that?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Can you please STOP this useless disagreements.I dont like to see my friends fighting.My appreciation is so big for all of you and this fight make me sad. Crying or Very sad

What all of this about???Are we making a race to show to all and to ourselves that ...''I AM THE MAN''....???

Please my friends.Please. ❗

Pro Member First Officer
john (verygom) First Officer

It's the panto season - "Oh yes he is" - Oh no he's not" 😂 😂
(for Greekman 72 - panto - that's like a Greek tragedy with laughs)

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Woah tailhook, you need to take a chill-pill and calm down 😕

I dont know why you started throwing all those elaborate accusations out there, but thank you Insight for defending me mate! As Insight also pointed out, I was "saying its a good link and his friend was grateful for the link" so try re-reading my post a little slower before jumping to conclusions... 🙄 Where is your christmas spirit anyway, this is a forum for a computer game, not a website for starting child like arguments, I think we all agree that YOU are the one who needs to "learn some manners"

PS- As it happens, I have also been to Earls Court and didn't know it was called 'Little Australia' (and nor does google make any matches for little+australia+earls+court) Have you been to Earls Court tailhook? Lets here the story how it got it's nickname please! I have also never heard of the ozzie member called Rambunctious at flyaway, were you just assuming that everyone reading this post knew both these facts?

Pro Member Chief Captain

From wikipedia.org:

Earls Court is a place in the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea. It is an inner-city district located 3.1 miles (5 km) west south-west of Charing Cross. It is home to Earls Court Exhibition Centre.

Traditionally (post-1945) a large transient population of Australians and New Zealanders stayed in Earl's Court, one of the cheapest areas close to central London: today, there are still large numbers of students or other people on temporary visas, although many of the Australians and New Zealanders appear to have moved to cheaper areas further North.

So this squabble starts from one, an obscure and possibly no longer accurate reference to an area in the UK, and two, the failure of people to note and catalog the names and geographical locations of all the members of this site.

😛 😛 😛 😛 😛

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

LOL- thats true Crash 🙂
I have written a review on the VOZ addon as promised, but because of this obsuce topic name, I have put it in a seperate thread here: https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/10659/vista-austrails-aka-voz-review/#63518

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...