Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

HELP NEEDED

Ryan F. Guest

I created and opened Global Star Virtual Airlines in early March 2005. The VA has since grown much larger than I had ever anticipated. Global Star operates over 600 flights daily from two major HUBs in the US. Our base is located at Chicago O'Hare.

Here's the problem(s):

1. - I need pilots badly, especially at our Newark HUB. Out of our 13 rostered pilots, only two of them have time logged. The other 11 are completely inactive and are on the verge of losing their positions. If the airline doens't appeal to you, please join and I promise improvements will take place (which should hopefully be answered with my next problem).

2. - I need help managing. After a complete computer crash a month ago, which left Global Star "lifeless" for four weeks, I realized I made the foolish mistake of trying to manage a VA completely by myself. I will not be stepping down as CEO, but I will gladly cooperate with others to manage Global Star. Development can also take place to create HUB manager positions.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.. and if you think you can help in ANY way.. please contact me at globalstar_va@yahoo.com
Even if you think you can come up with a better livery.. let me know.

our site is located at www.globalstar.cjb.net

Thanks!
Ryan Finn
CEO of Global Star operations

Pro Member Captain
PanAmerican Captain

I might be able to become a pilot for your airline in January. I do have a couple of questions though.
1. I will be unable to fly from June 1 to August 31, will my account and hours be deleated?
2. Do you plan on starting any flights from Newark to Las Vegas, or Newark to Boise, ID?

PanAmerican wrote:

I might be able to become a pilot for your airline in January. I do have a couple of questions though.
1. I will be unable to fly from June 1 to August 31, will my account and hours be deleated?
2. Do you plan on starting any flights from Newark to Las Vegas, or Newark to Boise, ID?

1. That's not a problem, just remind me that you're going on leave. The 11 inactive pilots on my roster now should have been removed months ago, but I held on to them because nobody was sending recruit applications.

2. Newark to Las Vegas service is very likely. It could be put into place before January. Newark to Boise, however, will more than likely not happen. Boise is more of a regional airport. We serve Boise through StarJet using CRJ-200s. There are four flights daily to and from Seattle.

Hope I could help you out.. see you in the virtual skies!