0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No
100%
 100%  [ 16 ]

Total Votes : 16

Pro Member Captain
PanAmerican Captain

I do not think they will merge anytime soon.

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

I don't think the governments involved would permit it. If they do, however, I'll move to Russia and ride Antonovs. Evil or Very Mad

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

PanAmerican wrote:

I wouldn't call it a 'merger' as such... but rather Airbus buying out Boeing Ninja

Pro Member Trainee
Nate66 Trainee

PanAmerican wrote:

ROFL
They are going to compete untill one buys off the other

Pro Member First Officer
JTH First Officer

Believe me they will not merge, it is not on the cards at all!

And we, the consumers, are better for it because all the competition means bigger and better airliners.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

I don't think the governments involved would permit it. If they do, however, I'll move to Russia and ride Antonovs. Evil or Very Mad

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Pro Member Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

PanAmerican wrote:

I wouldn't call it a 'merger' as such... but rather Airbus buying out Boeing Ninja

Airbus isn't interested in acquiring a producer of high quality aircraft like Boeing.

Pro Member Captain
Kareem El-Sadi (crosscheck9) Captain

Airlines would probably go on strike, because a merge means less competition, which means higher prices. If prices go any higher, airlines wouldn't afford aircraft and their maintenance

Pro Member Chief Captain

crosscheck9 wrote:

Airlines would probably go on strike, because a merge means less competition, which means higher prices. If prices go any higher, airlines wouldn't afford aircraft and their maintenance

The real danger isn't price, although a company without competition will certainly be tempted to get greedy. The real problem is what happens if that company designs a plane that turns out to be a real dog. Where do the airlines get their planes, then?

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

Definitely not. They would be stupid to merge as both have different views on aircraft, and if they did, like previous posters said, there would really be no competition, meaning that they could design plane to the manufacturers requirements rather than the airline.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...