SearchSearch 

Animated gifs.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

I have a wierd problem with animated gifs. Most of them no longer animate. For example, of the emoticons on this site, only rofl appears animated (most of the time) Groupwave and cheers don't appear animated. the animated gif in my sig shows up about 10% of the time.

The only recent changes on this machine are, I replaced the sygate firewall with zonealarm pro due to some problems sygate was causing and I used a registry cleaner.

What I can't figure out is why only some of them animate and even those don't always do so. I've tested this using both IE and Firefox and the only difference is that with firefox, I hardly see any animation. 🤔

16 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Get rid of this ALIEN from your system(Zone-Crime-Alarm)... Fear Fear Fear

Remember when we talk about Firewalls?I get in big troubles with Zone Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

What problems you get with Sygate?
I run it after your suggestion(thanks for that)and seem that running great...

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Test your firewall here ➡

http://probemyports.com/

Pro Member Chief Captain

Sygate wouldn't allow me to install captainsim products even if I selecte "allow all" or shut it down completely. Only after I removed it completely, would captainsim's installation program contact their server and function properly.

Since I'm not foolhardy enough to be without a firewall and since McAfee's is unreliable and Norton's used way tooo many resources, I went with zonealarm pro.

I will shut it down for a minute and see if it is the culprit.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Interesting. When I shut it down, allanimated gifs work fine. When I start it back up again, a lot of them don't. This is bizarre. Think I will wander over to zone labs support site and see if I can findout anything. BTW, all my ports are stealthed.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

Interesting. When I shut it down, allanimated gifs work fine. When I start it back up again, a lot of them don't. This is bizarre. Think I will wander over to zone labs support site and see if I can findout anything. BTW, all my ports are stealthed.

Zone tricks... Mad I dont like softwares that controls my system by their one... Mad

Let us know what you will find Crash.Its interesting.

Pro Member Chief Captain

I sure will. I'm having a hard time figuring out how a firewall changes the way graphics are rendered.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Solved! In zonealarm pro's privacy settings, there is a check box to stop animations, in addition to blocking popups and popunders. Unchecking block animations, cured the problem.

I guess in this case, it wasn't a bug. It really was a feature. 🙄

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

Solved! In zonealarm pro's privacy settings, there is a check box to stop animations, in addition to blocking popups and popunders. Unchecking block animations, cured the problem.

I guess in this case, it wasn't a bug. It really was a feature. 🙄

Your are a genious Crash 😂 😂 😂 ...Im happy you solve your problem 😉

If i ever want to selftorture and reinstal Zone i will keep this on my mind... 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

If I were a genius, would I be flying make-believe planes? 😉

Actually, someone on their support forum pointed it out . I never made the mental connection that animations were a privacy issue and lumped in the same section as popups and popunders.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

If I were a genius, would I be flying make-believe planes? 😉

Actually, someone on their support forum pointed it out . I never made the mental connection that animations were a privacy issue and lumped in the same section as popups and popunders.

😂 😉 👍

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

tomthetank wrote:

I am inVINcible!!!

passed every test with flying colours!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Insight wrote:

tomthetank wrote:

I am inVINcible!!!

passed every test with flying colours!

This program show all of us ...VINcible 😉 😂 ....Did it works..or Juggle

😂 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Dont Know I passed also, I just use XP Firewall. no router either.
Zone Alarm Puke Up Try cleaning it out of your system, it's as bad as AOL or Real Player.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

RadarMan wrote:

Dont Know I passed also, I just use XP Firewall. no router either.
Zone Alarm Puke Up Try cleaning it out of your system, it's as bad as AOL or Real Player.

Radar

Punk 👍 Punk 👍 Punk 👍 Punk 👍

There are no words(in my poor Englidh database Embarassed ) to describe how much i AGREE with you for all of these cr Horse ...sorry programs ❗

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

As an alternative to poo alarm

Black Ice is pretty good 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Insight wrote:

As an alternative to poo alarm

Black Ice is pretty good 🙂

Indeed. 👍 ..but not free...And i confused in order to give an order to buy it Crying or Very sad