SearchSearch 

something funny

Pro Member First Officer
kieranja First Officer

plane just wouldnt stop accelarating.
it was moving over like if wind is blowing it of course.
just starting desending by 5000-7000 ft per min even though auto pilot mas set for 2

any 1 else had this prob?

8 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

There has to be more to your story. With the autopilot on (AP light illuminated) and ALT illuminated and a lower altitude set in the altitude window; the aircraft should descend at the rate set in VSI window. As for "going sideways" it should not if you have selected HDG or NAV. It should follow whichever nav source or the heading bug. The only other thing that could make it go sideways is if you had different power setting on one side of the aircraft. Check that power is equal. If you have the auto throttles engaged, they will control the engine thrust levels trying to maintain the selected speed in the speed window, if you also have the SPD switch illuminated. There is a limit to the control. Once it reaches idle thrust, it can no longer control speed any longer. Make sure that the spoilers are not deployed. The key is [ / ]. Don't forget to reduce power in descents.

Pro Member Trainee
FHeselton Trainee

With that 5-7000 FPM rate of decent, it sounds as though you may have stalled the aircraft. Did you get a stall warning? (Usually located on the lower right of the screen).

Pro Member First Officer
kieranja First Officer

no it is like computer just going mad it fly it fly from malga to london but soon as i got in uk it was like very strong wind which is imposable i didnt touch the controls and like i said it flew fine for ages

Pro Member First Officer
kieranja First Officer

and no matter what speed the the plane set for it was going full throutle all time

Pro Member Trainee
crash_deplane Trainee

I've seen something like this too. It's like there's either a really strong crosswind or the weather conditions change abruptly. I'll be cruising along in level flight with the autopilot on, and I'll suddenly see it swing one way or the other by 10-15 degrees and the autopilot puts it back on course. This is while I was flying the 737 at around 30,000 feet. I've just chalked it up to changing winds, but it does seem a tad excessive.
-Dave

Pro Member First Officer
kieranja First Officer

crash_deplane wrote:

I've seen something like this too. It's like there's either a really strong crosswind or the weather conditions change abruptly. I'll be cruising along in level flight with the autopilot on, and I'll suddenly see it swing one way or the other by 10-15 degrees and the autopilot puts it back on course. This is while I was flying the 737 at around 30,000 feet. I've just chalked it up to changing winds, but it does seem a tad excessive.
-Dave

i thought wind but to blow it so bad it would have 2 be a tornado

Pro Member First Officer
beerbadger First Officer

well if you are desending into a strong wind, your speed should be about 250 knts for a 737 the aircraft you were flying might have been higher.
You need high speed for turbulence penetration.

-what aircraft?
-what speed?

Pro Member First Officer
kieranja First Officer

737 600 i think cant remember i just flying 30 thou mach80 and it will just get blown about to one side like a paper weight. and when i flying about 4000 about 190 knots the plane will just keep going flat out even though auto throtle on 190 and it wont listen to the alltutde. only sometimes it happens. and then i got go in to select plane pick my plane again and it will work fine then