12 Hour Flight Gone To Waste

Pro Member Trainee
Leprechaun Trainee

I just finshed a 12 hour Flight i was about to touch down on the runway i was just under 500ft and my plane just droped like a rock, i was able to bring up all my controles and i guess i hit the Speed Brake and that droped my speed to 0 preaty fast, i wish something would tell you when the speed brake is on because no matter how full the throttle is. so that recked the rest of my night. Evil or Very Mad Crying or Very sad

Answers 10 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Some panels have warning lights to show if its armed or deployed

Pro Member First Officer
earthqu8kes First Officer

on long flights i save when i start the decsent so if i crash on landing i can try again.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

I prefer realism. If I crash, no more flying that day. It tends to make me a bit more careful.

Pro Member Trainee
Leprechaun Trainee

I dident think you can save, but i agree with CrashGordon i like that when you crash you crash carfully and keep your pilot and plane or its gone. Oh well easy come easy go i need a new pilot now

Pro Member First Officer

yeah well, practice makes perfect 😕

Pro Member Captain
Sam (SamIntel) Captain

earthqu8kes wrote:

on long flights i save when i start the decsent so if i crash on landing i can try again.

That's what I do too. But then even if I do make it down the second time I do the landing another couple times to make sure it dosen't happen again.

Pro Member Trainee
Leprechaun Trainee

if you save and load you lose your FSpassengers because i did it for the practis and after i found out FSpassengers shut down

Pro Member First Officer
lkw First Officer

Went snooping around AVSIM looking for a gauge for air brake, speed brake there was one referance to a panel the a air brake indicator was added to a panel. Checkingit out the panel.cfg had the following.
gauge42=Mooney_Bravo!Speed Brake, 599,287,32,18
You might check ou the mooney Bravo or some other air caraft you know that has a speed brake indicator and plug that puppy in.

Pro Member First Officer

Leprechaun wrote:

if you save and load you lose your FSpassengers because i did it for the practis and after i found out FSpassengers shut down

i dont have fspassengers so i wouldnt know

Pro Member First Officer
lkw First Officer

Speed brake light and spoiler light By Fabrizio Berretta, Targan Unutmaz used in this panel could be implemented.

panel.cfg
gauge44=TU_734!TU_Speedbrake Light, 292, 46, 24, 12 ;Targan Unutmaz
gauge45=TU_734!TU_Fab_Spoilup, 292, 58, 24, 12 ;By Fabrizio Berretta, Targan Unutmaz

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...