The Ultimate Boeing Panel...

Pro Member First Officer
leachus2002 First Officer

Hi,

I have just downloaded the "Ultimate Boeing Panel" from Avsim. http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=the_ultimative_boeing_panel.zip&CatID=root and it has a brilliant autoland feature that does everything for you, right down to taxing you to the gate, but there is just 1 problem that I am having with it.

I am flying a 737-700 which is one of the recommended aircraft for the panel, but on approach, even though I am bang on the ILS, the plane always seams to land on its front wheel and never pulls up.

All the flap settings are correct, etc etc.

I know that you are meant to override the AP at about 400ft, but I would have thought that this autoland feature wouldn't need this.

Has anyone else got this panel? If so, have you had this problem and is there a work around for it?

Thanks
Leachus

Answers 13 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Bindolaf Captain

I have to ask: What is the big deal with autoland? What is the fun in it, what's the challenge? A lot of people place so much importance on their add-on having autoland.

Anyway, I suspect it's not a true autoland, only a localizer intercept and approach feature. Which means that it will land the plane, only a little too hard. Could be wrong - of course.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

I suspect you are correct. I also agree that it isn't much fun to let the plane do all the work. I generally go to all hands on between ten and three miles out.

Pro Member First Officer
JTH First Officer

Do pilots use autoland in real life?

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Some airline pilots do but for most, it's not an option. Only certain aircraft can execute an auto land and then only at airports that have a CAT III approved ILS. It's mostly the 747,767,777 and some 737. This is not all inclusive so I may have missed a few. The weather in the US rarely gets bad enough and or last long enough to require auto land. It's used because the weather requires it for a safe arrival.

Pro Member Trainee
Leprechaun Trainee

I think Landing is the best thing out of the game, i useto only have flight sim95, then i never got 98 and i stoped but i could never land in that game if my life depended on it, but now i love it, the only thing im looking for is how to upload you route in the auto pilot so you dont have to make course corrections unless the auto pilot malfuctions any one know how to do this?

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

I just had a fellow as me about Flight plan programing. Checkout a previous post, fifth one down.

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/10597/autopilot/

Pro Member First Officer
JTH First Officer

So CRJ, say the weather was clear and a 747 pilot was coming in to land on a Cat III ILS runway. Would he or wouldn't he use Autoland? Or is it just pilot preference?

Thanks in advance.

Pro Member Captain
Bindolaf Captain

Correct me, but it's almost never pilot preference. Usually it's company policy. Some absolutely forbid autolands, others make them mandatory if conditions are right etc.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

The use of the auto land capability of the aircraft is set by the airlines operation manual. If the aircraft and the crew (which have to maintain auto land qualification) are approved for auto land, they require a certain number even if the weather is good;this maintains the qualification. Certain weather conditions require auto land. If the weather is good, auto land is at Captains discretion. Most aircraft and crews can't perform auto land no matter what the weather is. It's not that big of a deal. CAT II gets you in during very low visibility. The weather in the US rarely requires auto land.

Pro Member First Officer
leachus2002 First Officer

This unfortunately still doesn't explain why my 737-700 is coming in for a nose dive and not pulling up Read

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Because the FS2004 implementation of autoland isn't quite what it should be?

BTW, congrats to CRJCaptain on his promotion. 🍻

Pro Member First Officer
fourby First Officer

leachus2002, hi 🙂 I've downloaded the panel and installed it in the same aircraft 737-700, and it landed first time with autoland engaged, what I'd call perfect, right on the numbers. The second time, it landed further down the runway on all wheels, so obviously every autoland is different, I'd give it another go mate.

Secondly, whilst playing around and checking out the panel, ( maybe other aircraft panels already have this ??? ) I came across the F.M.-A.M. radio and C.D. player, and was surprised that when I put the mouse arrow on the eject button on the cd player and pressed it, the DVD rom tray on my tower opened up !!! 😳 😳 😳 so I inserted a cd, and surprise surprise !!! clicking on the same button, the tray closed 😳 😳 😳 a working cd player in the cockpit. So, you can actually listen to your favourite album in the cockpit on those long flights !!!! it even lets you select your tracks 😳 😳 😳 anyone else come across this in other aircraft ???

brian.b. Guest

OK I downloaded it and its downloaded and I cant get it to work I am not the best at all this stuff but I do what I think is right and as soon as I try to fly it it has the panel but no GPS, Autoland, ect ect ect.............. Can someone please help me on how to get it instaled correctly because I really want to have this panel it sounds great and by looking at the manual it comes with looks great to! So can anyone help me?

Thanks
Brian

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...