Frozen Flaps

Pro Member Trainee
Leprechaun Trainee

Im using FSpassengers and coming in for my landing i droped my flaps to 5 Degrees and my copilot said the flaps are frozen, is there any way to unfreeze them wile in flight or am i stuck this way?

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

I don't have FS passenger but normally you can't unfreeze flaps in flight. About all you can do is to re-select them. I would execute a go around/missed approach, recompute my Vref for flaps 5 and confirm runway length is adequate. 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

In FSPassengers, your flaps are frozen when you extend them at too high an airspeed. They won't budge.

Pro Member Trainee
Leprechaun Trainee

I know that happens but you hear them break and the plane vears left or right and have fun trying to land that, i made it but it was one hard landing, but this was it was forzen i could retract or extend they would start then stop and go back so i know they worked and i was below the max speed i could use them so they were not broken.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

I'm assuming the FSP report didn't include anything about the flaps and that the failure was due to something else. I've had landing gear I've had to cycle a few times to get down and locked, but I don't recall flaps getting stuck.

Pro Member Trainee
Leprechaun Trainee

Oh well that was the same 12h flight were i hit the speed brake by mistake and it droped me like a rock, Im still mad about that one

Pro Member First Officer
leachus2002 First Officer

There is sure a lesson to be learnt here.....

Don't fly with Leprechaun Surrender LOL

Honestly though Leprechaun, keep going for it, we have all been there and made these silly mistakes.

Some say "you'll only crash once" 🙂........na, its alot more than that 🙂

Pro Member Trainee
Leprechaun Trainee

Better in Fantisy then in real life

Pro Member First Officer
leachus2002 First Officer

very true, very true!

LOL, have you seen this?

http://worteldrie.com/flash/emergency.swf

Is this you?

It is quite like me 🙂

Pro Member First Officer
Mustangfreak First Officer

I have done this before, by accident, so I just declared an emergency and landed the best I could. It was hard landing but it was better then crashing haha.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...