Flight Sim x PLEASE READ

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

Due to copyright laws we can only post the link to the story.

Taken from another forum, pic from a PC mag in the UK

Let the speculation run wild 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😂 😂 😂

RM you might like this there seems to be a Grumman Goose available as well.

Answers 13 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
JTH First Officer

Wow sounds very good ❗

I'm especially pleased at the annoucment of the introduction of the 737-800 and A321. Even though I have great addons for these planes already, it's about time we see an Airbus plane in FS!

I'm also pleased to see baggage cars, jetways etc. and improved graphics performance. And check out the release date at the bottom - FEBRUARY 2006! That's just around the corner!

So if all is true, I am impressed (and P.S. the screenshot looks great!)

Pro Member Captain
Bindolaf Captain

Somehow this sounds too good to be true. Any official MS announcements?

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

I'll believe it when I see it.

Pro Member Captain
Micah Captain

i too am very sceptical. i often buy this magazine and have never seen this article. If you read it too, virtually none of us would be able to run it, we would get a fps of about 1!!!

Micah 🙄

Pro Member Trainee
Leprechaun Trainee

Sounds really good but i agree See it to belive it, but if it does im buing a new Game Twisted Evil 😀 😀 😀 😀 Twisted Evil

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Thanks for posting that. If it is true then a new computer is on the horizon for me.
Strange though, they mention DirectX 10 (not out yet) and Windows Vista (maybe at the end of the year 2006).
You'd think that the major software sites would have it for pre-order like they have in the past.

Radar

Pro Member Captain
Bindolaf Captain

There is no way a game is coming out in February and there's nothing on the MS site, nothing on major distributors, just some magazine "article" no one has actually seen. Smells fishy... Ninja

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Umm... DX10,Windows Vista 😳

Well the article is true enough

Well if it is true Dont Know only a handfull of people will be able to "play"it

Start saving the ££$$ now folks,not only for the sim...........but a new PC too Wall Bashing Hack

Perhaps some good news that by the time you have gathered your new super PC together and go to buy the sim,it may be reduced in price(dont hold your breath) ROFL

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

Hmmm... hard to say whether the info is correct or not. As for the release date, Feb 06 sounds way too close. Dont Know

Wind Walker Guest

I got my PC Gamer today in the US. Exact same info as posted above. While I am skeptical of the released day as Feb 2006 is just around the corner, there is no doubting the fact that the FSX info is v. genuine.

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Ive had a look about the other forums to see what they are saying,and its much the same as us,why no info from MS?

I understand that most fs reporters all have a non dissclosure agreement,which they only blab when told to by the developers,in this case MS
So,a couple of options here,
1 the report is spot on and the writer is due to retire,as he dont care anymore(if not, he may be now)
2 Its all guesswork made up by a fs fan who can read forums,like our wish list
Read it again,theres not much new in there,reflective textures...got them,Airbus Umm... a couple of them about now.Ground traffic,Moving jetways,ships well thats new, Ermm... sort of.We have been able to see that for a while now.
I have yet to come across a herd of moving cattle,but if you can move ships about,why not cattle.
Weather improvements,again you can add them
Better lighting effects.well that comes with newer GFX cards and DX10

So while I wait for FSX to come out in 2 months time Dont Know
I wonder if MS has told the developers of the add ons we all buy,you know PMDG and the like.
Will FSX be backward compatable with FS9?or are these products about to be consigned to the dustbin??

Just a few thoughts to be going on with 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

I totally agree with you TTT. Another thing FSX will most likely need the version of windows to operate on. If that is true then from what I've heard on other non FS9 forums that Vista will most likely need the Nvidia 7800 to run.

That GFX cost's more than what I earn in week.

My 2cents.

paulhef Guest

Wel after reading all of the skeptical posts of the FSX coming out I am happy that I purchased my pre-order at amazon.com for $69.99. Simshack.com has it for 91.08 US. So I will let all of you skeptics know when I get it.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...