Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

The A330 i really really want!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Michael Thomas (SteveT) Chief Captain

Hi there is an A330 with a link below which is the aircraft that i really want to install on my laptop. It is the northwest one. Can anyone guide me through it because it is really weird to install. Could someone possibly try it for me and then send me the folder with all the others e.g - model effects, texture etc.

Thanks,

SteveT

The link:

http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=37250

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

I'll try it now for you Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain

Have you managed to do it yet?

Pro Member Chief Captain

The download your referring to, is for textures only. You need a base model for FS9 and then you just double click the exe from the file you just showed. I'll try and find an A330 base model. I think I gave you a link to an A330 texture in another post, but it is only a texture as I just realised and doesn't contain the actual aircraft, sorry about that. I'll look for a model now Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain

Thanks Jon Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain

http://library.avsim.net/sendfile.php?Location=AVSIM&Proto=ftp&DLID=41414

Try the link above and see if that works. It says a model and textures (Lufthansa) are included, but you can have the Northwest texture after you have installed the model.

Let us know how you get on Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain

OK, i have installed the base pack for the aircraft with the continnental textures. But how do i now install the Northwest textures on the aircraft. As i said on my 1st post of the topic - there is a installer program to run through. Can you help me on this?

Pro Member Chief Captain

I have sorted it - but just one more thing - when i change the aircraft variation on FS, when i expect it to be called Northwest Airlines it is instead called Continental still when the actual variation installed is Northwest. Help!!!!

Pro Member Captain
ARD-DC Captain

Do you mean "called" by ATC or in the window where you actually select your aircraft?

Pro Member Chief Captain

Both

Pro Member Captain
ARD-DC Captain

I'm no expert, but to my knowledge the below is pretty close to being true; if I am going wrong somewhere Im sure someone will be kind enough to correct me.
Anyway, here goes.....

To correct the titles/names in the Aircraft Selection menu you'll have to update the aircraft.cfg file as found in the \Flight Simulator 9\Aircraft\Airbus\ folder (or whichever folder you used to install the aircraft in), normally as described in the readme or install notes.
Strangely I was having some difficulties as well when following the installation instructions, but as I was sort of in a rush I am sure I overlooked something somewhere.
Anyway, just to get to the result I messed around a little to get it to work.
(Note: this is probably not the prettiest of installing, but anyway Wink)

What I did:
I took the folder called "texture.nwa" that the download you mentioned supplies and whacked it in the folder where I installed the airbus, right below the (original) "texture.continental" folder.

Then open the aircraft.cfg file in notepad, scroll down until you see:
(note; my title will be different from yours! Use your own title)

Code: [fltsim.0]
title=Posky A333v2 Continental
sim=A330-300-PW-PW4000
model=pwSAT
panel=
sound=
description=Project Opensky \nAirbus 330-300 v2\nVersion 2004.7.1\n\nFS2002 Only\n\nEngine Type: RR Trent\n\nModel Designers\n   Shervin Ahooraei\n\nFlight Dynamics Designer\n   Warren C. Daniel\n\nMaster Texture Designer\n   Gary Hayes\n   Ben Hewitt\n\nTechnical Resource\n   Simon Ng\n   Nick Peterson\n\nTest Pilots\n   Project Opensky Members\n\nFor proper operation: See A330 manual at: \n  www.projectopensky.com

Select & Copy this whole block, Scroll to the bottom of the file and paste it

Now in the new textblock that you just pasted, change these following lines:
Code: [fltsim.0]
title=Posky A333v2 Continental
texture=continental
ui_variation=Continental Airlines

to this:
Code:
[fltsim.1]
title=Posky A333v2 NWA
texture=nwa
ui_variation=NorthWest Airlines

et voilá, you'll now have two variations, the default continental one and the northwest one.

On to the ATC callsigns; this is as little more difficult I think.
I am guessing that the sounds for continental that are used by default for this plane were supplied along with the continental package you installed. The NorthWest soundfiles you most likely don't have, and therefor you simply arent able to let ATC address you as "Northwest".

There are addons out there though like EditVoicePack that add the soundfiles of nearly all existing airlines out there, and you will be able to select Northwest (or virtually any other airline name, for that matter) in the "ATC Name" window. I'm sure it can be downloaded from mirrors when you google for it, I cant seem to access their homepage at the moment (unless they changed domains and I am trying to open the wrong site, lol)
I can also send it to you if needs be.