Screen Resolutions

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

In the Hardware section of Display in the FS Settings, there are many screen resolutions to choose from. Since I'm not an expert in this field, would anyone know what resolution is the best quality?

Answers 12 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

I run FS in 1152 x 864 x 32.It depends on your monitor and your VGA.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I've found that the larger I run it the better the screenshots.
I'm at 1600x1200x32, if your card and drivers can do it.

Radar

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

Chris102 wrote:

In the Hardware section of Display in the FS Settings, there are many screen resolutions to choose from. Since I'm not an expert in this field, would anyone know what resolution is the best quality?

The best quality is the highest number you can run, but make sure your monitor can handle it. In my case my monitor runs at less than my graphics card is capable of. Running at resolutions higher than the monitor is designed for can harm you monitor.

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

i have a 19" moniter, so i used to run at 1260 x 960, but it was just waaay to heavy on my card ( i like all my sliders on top or near top), so i have put it back to 1024x768. it's a little squashed but i can have everything on top 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

Thanks for your help everyone!
I have set my resolution at the highest setting for superb performance 😀

Pro Member Captain
Sam (SamIntel) Captain

I run mine at 1280x1024x32, the first 2 numbers are just the resolution, but I think that the last number is the color bit, 16 or 32 bit color.

Pro Member First Officer
Mustangfreak First Officer

Mine is set at 1280X800X32. Im happy with it.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

Mustangfreak wrote:

Mine is set at 1280X800X32. Im happy with it.

That's where mine is now set. It has fixed some problems I was having, so I'm happy 😎

Pro Member Trainee
Todd (ohboy710) Trainee

I have the problem of all the panels and guages etc being too small to read them. The button text is so small I can't see it, same as the speed and altitude etc. I can see the entire panel just fine, but its all so small. What am I doing wrong? I know it happens in most of the planes, but I can't remember if it happens in all of them, I think it does.

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

You didn't say what resolution you are running, but reducing it to a lower setting will increase the size of the text and make it much more readable.

Pro Member Trainee
Todd (ohboy710) Trainee

I am using 800x600 which is the lowest setting. if I make the resolution higher, then I just get the same thing, except now I have a black box around the program.

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

ohboy710 wrote:

I am using 800x600 which is the lowest setting. if I make the resolution higher, then I just get the same thing, except now I have a black box around the program.

I've had a lot of problems with FS2004, but that is one I haven't had. I know others have had that problem and I'm sure there are those here who can be of help.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...