Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Problem

Pro Member Chief Captain
Michael Thomas (SteveT) Chief Captain

Hi people.

When ATC says something like fly up to 6,000 feet runway heading and when i takeoff and get to that altitude i doesn't tell me straight away to ascend to a higher altitude but instead does nothing and expecys me to stay at that altitude. I tried going higher but it kept saying - descend and maintain 6,000 feet!

What do I do?

SteveT

Pro Member First Officer
beerbadger First Officer

try staying at the altitude for a while hopefully they should clear you.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

If you are in an IFR flight after a while you have reached your altidude you can ask to increase or decrease it from ATC.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

SteveT wrote:

Hi people.

When ATC says something like fly up to 6,000 feet runway heading and when i takeoff and get to that altitude i doesn't tell me straight away to ascend to a higher altitude but instead does nothing and expecys me to stay at that altitude. I tried going higher but it kept saying - descend and maintain 6,000 feet!

What do I do?

SteveT

Try what Greekman suggested, but also, make sure in your flightplan that 6000 feet isn't the target altitude, or ATC won't know you want to go higher 😉

flight_noob Guest

sory to ask my question here, just dont want to start a new thread..
how can i check my VOR map chart? i'm learning the VOR approach, and the instructor ask me to review my VOR chart..and i dont know how to make it appear..
but i can see the VOR chart before click the fly now button..
do i have to print in it out?? is there any button to push? it's not appear in the kneeboard

Guest Ed Guest

flight_noob wrote:

sory to ask my question here, just dont want to start a new thread..
how can i check my VOR map chart? i'm learning the VOR approach, and the instructor ask me to review my VOR chart..and i dont know how to make it appear..
but i can see the VOR chart before click the fly now button..
do i have to print in it out?? is there any button to push? it's not appear in the kneeboard

Where are you flying? The charts for the lessons are some of the flights are here in this folder, if you used the default settings:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Charts

Ed

flight_noob Guest

i mean..when i'm flying..suppose there VOR chart is available in the plane right? or no?