Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Flying multi-player

Pro Member First Officer
Netz Rafi (Rafi) First Officer

I have no idea what can I ac hive flaying "multi player".

It is possible if the Moderator of the forum or any body else who has any positive experience would several words on the matter including technical reference what Internet speed is needed

Thanks

Pro Member Trainee
ronaldpatton Trainee

I too would like to hear from anyone who has even done it. I've looked at the sites posted in this forum but still don't know an IP address to connect to.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I went to the "Zone" the other day and joined a flight in progress, I found myself flying alone, I didn't see the point.
I must have been doing something wrong but at the "Zone" there aren't too many "polite" people to ask, pity.

I've had some good experiances online, i say about 50 % is fun.
Just go to the zone (explained above) and look at the latency of the server, 3 green blocks is exelent.
Look at the details from the server, i mostly enjoy hops (hopping from city to city) and free flight with (human)ATC, aerobatics is pretty dull in my opinion.

I've met some nice people and have flown with them miles & miles, also added them in Zone-Friends (sort of msn).
When i fly with them we set clock the same and put real weather on so that we see the same, also same plane and program gps the same or use HDG.

Now if u join a room and everybody is already on half the trip its hard to get there, just select the user u want to get close to by doing this CTRL + SHIFT + T untill the name is in your screen (Top right) after that press CTRL + SHIFT + F and voila u behind your target.

Hope this helps a bit, sorry for my bad english.

I forgot that setting altitude and speed the same as your flying partner is a must until you reach the destination ofcours, its pretty nice to see 3 or more boeings flying close to eachother.
Anyone wanna take a flight with me someday thats fine by me, just leave your details below and i will contact u.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Thanks for the explanation. All it did for me was launch the Sim and use the default aircraft from the default airport. Now I see more is needed to have a "good trip".
Thanks again, maybe I'll see you in the skies. Thumbs Up!

Pro Member Site Admin
Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) Site Admin

This article may be of interest:

https://flyawaysimulation.com/news/782/

Last edited by Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) on Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:09 pm, edited 2 times in total
Pro Member Site Admin

Just our of curiosity, is there any reason you have used "Flaying" instead of "Playing" more than once? I'm just curious Laughing

Pro Member Trainee
ronaldpatton Trainee

OK, I still don't get it. I went to the Zone and looked and looked and I don't see anything about multiplayer FS9. I need real detailed instructions on where to look and what to do. Baby

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

ronaldpatton wrote:

OK, I still don't get it. I went to the Zone and looked and looked and I don't see anything about multiplayer FS9. I need real detailed instructions on where to look and what to do. Baby

I'm with you, it took me at least ten frustrating minutes Fear the first time. Click on "CD-Rom" and go from there. You have to be a signed up member (free).

http://zone.msn.com/en/root/cdrom.htm

Pro Member Trainee
ronaldpatton Trainee

Oh sure, CD ROM, why that's so intuitive I should have known! Wall Bashing I'll give it a try. Thanks RadarMan!

Pro Member First Officer
Netz Rafi (Rafi) First Officer

flayavay wrote:

"Just our of curiosity, is there any reason you have used "Flaying" instead of "Playing" more than once? I'm just curious"
So :As much I spend on that business it is not a game at all.

Seruisly:I do not think it is a game. It is much more..
And I respect the members of the forum and my self not to say "playing."

Pro Member Site Admin

Oh, Rafi, don't get me wrong - I'm a keen "anti-flight-sim-being-a-game" follower too, as you will see in many of my posts in the forums. I was just curious, because I was considering it to be a typo, but it occured to often and the keys on a keyboard were too far apart - It's just me wondering Rolling Eyes

Friendship Guest

For real flightsimmers:
Check this out:
www.ivao.org
You can find the division of you`re country and there are always people too help you with plessure.
The only thing you must do is good, onnest flying and learning the procedures. Believe me...its fun!

Pro Member First Officer
Mason Gilliam (harleyman) First Officer

I want to give it a shot too.....Never done it,,Lookes in the game,,clicked on MultiPlayer,,Was lost after that...LOL

Anyone wants to help me out can PM or E-Mail me here or at

mason200128625@yahoo,com...

My IP is 192.168.0.1

Speed is ..Ummm..Good....Rooftop sat hook up........As good or better than DSL I think.......

Lets Fly.......

I wanna be SkyHawk 007........And you??????

selalumaen1 Guest

hi, capt....
can you help me to join to all of yah...to fly...
i frustation to do it.....

selalumaen1 Guest

hi, capt....
can you help me to join to all of yah...to fly...
i frustation to do it.....

flaco 27 Guest

Hi......Very Happy
i've been try so many time....to jon to ZONE.com but I cant, every time i open the room for flight sim always come up dialog box with "failed to establish connection with zone server" can you help me..................??????? i ask my IT-administrator the proxy and everything was open....my port 172.16.60.84
can you help me on this.....please.........please...........please.........[/b]

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

flaco 27 wrote:

Hi......Very Happy
i've been try so many time....to jon to ZONE.com but I cant, every time i open the room for flight sim always come up dialog box with "failed to establish connection with zone server" can you help me..................??????? i ask my IT-administrator the proxy and everything was open....my port 172.16.60.84
can you help me on this.....please.........please...........please.........[/b]

Did you check the support section.

http://zone.msn.com/en/support/article/supporttoc.htm

Guest Guest

Every time I have checked at the Zone, there are no games for MSFS 2004 (FS 9). It's getting really frustrating. Does anyone have an IP of a server that is always up? I have both RogerWilco and TeamSpeak installed.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Guest wrote:

Every time I have checked at the Zone, there are no games for MSFS 2004 (FS 9). It's getting really frustrating. Does anyone have an IP of a server that is always up? I have both RogerWilco and TeamSpeak installed.

Click on the CD tab and you'll see FS 2004.

http://zone.msn.com/en/root/cdrom.htm

FlightKing Guest

Considering that you can log onto zone.com fine and that you have port 23456 open in TCP on your firewall or router, use this link to go directly to the fs9 lobbies in zone www.zone.msn.com/en/root/flightsimulator.htm

Hope this helps guys.

Cheers,

FK

Cat_Tamer Guest

I sometimes get the "failed to establish connection" msg too, and I think it's because I'm on 28.8 dial-up and there's not enough bandwidth to connect the sim while all the Zone crapola is running at the same time. I finally got into one and from then on, I just enter the multiplayer session via direct IP. I have been using this IP and it seems to work well:

It's usually the most popular non password-protected room in the "century of flight" area. We have a lot of fun flying short hops together with sometimes as many as 10 or more acft. in the group. Everybody seems to be quite pleasant and willing to help if you don't know what you're doing. Come and join in, it's great fun!

CT

JeanLuc Guest

Just went there last night. Was REALLY fun.

We all flew to Las Vegas (ID: KLAS). Then after about 2 hours we flew to Los Angeles (KLAX). I acted as Air Traffic Control. Not to brag, but everyone thought that I was pretty darn good!!

Wrote the IP down on some paper.

Pro Member Trainee
deKoven Trainee

harleyman wrote:

I want to give it a shot too.....Never done it,,Lookes in the game,,clicked on MultiPlayer,,Was lost after that...LOL

Anyone wants to help me out can PM or E-Mail me here or at

mason200128625@yahoo,com...

My IP is 192.168.0.1

Speed is ..Ummm..Good....Rooftop sat hook up........As good or better than DSL I think.......

Lets Fly.......

I wanna be SkyHawk 007........And you??????

Hmmm, well, I fly online most of the time now. Far's I can tell, there isn't much of a hit on your computer due to the fact that you're still executing your own copy of the proggie on your pooter. There's just the info coming in re the others you might run into. For those who want to try it; hook up with this url - bn.turbulentsky.com - this is the Bush Flying Club hookup -- I'm usually on around 10:30AM GMT -7 and I usually fly in the great NW area of North America. Coastal Canada, Alaska and Puget Sound Washington.

For noob online flyers: the biggest prob I've seen since I started is that you have to know where others are flying. Either use TeamSpeak and ask ?where to find someone else or make an appointment with your buddies to meet at some field. If you just go online, well, the world is a mighty big place and you may never see anybody; 'specially if you fly from some out of the way field.

chunkymonkey Guest

i need help to get an ip address if you know how send me an email to lukewestlake297@hotmail.com

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

chunkymonkey wrote:

i need help to get an ip address if you know how send me an email to lukewestlake297@hotmail.com

Do you want to know your own IP?

Go here. http://www.whatismyip.com

Radar

AlexXXX Guest

can someone plsi telll me how can i play online i dont get it
Rolling Eyes

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

AlexXXX wrote:

can someone plsi telll me how can i play online i dont get it
Rolling Eyes

Just go here, follow the directions and it will take you to the Flight Room. That's where you can join someone in a flight.
You have to go and see, look around and read whatever is there.

www.zone.msn.com/en/root/flightsimulator.htm

Radar

Garren Guest

Here's a server that's on 24-7, 66.105.121.185.
It's called the Akroma Server and has a website dedicated to keeping track of the server, i.e. who's on it, what they're flying, where they are etc.

I believe they occasionally have people manning the ATC there as well.
I've only been there a few times but my ping has been low each time, despite a shoddy AOL BB connection.
Hope this is of help.
See you in the skies. Cool

Garren Guest

Oh almost forgot, they provide a dedicated TeamSpeak server as well for those who want to talk rather then type on their server.
Only for use on their server though.
You can log into TS via their website via the log in link (automatically launches TS and loads up the correct TS server).

xcom Guest

U gave us your lan ip address.
if you want to find your internet address goto the dos or cmd and type ipconfig when you are online that should tellu your ip address.

Hope this helps u

Pro Member Trainee
perohijo Trainee

Idon't know what u mean by latency of the server,I'm new at this ,can u help?

Anonymous wrote:

I've had some good experiances online, i say about 50 % is fun.
Just go to the zone (explained above) and look at the latency of the server, 3 green blocks is exelent.
Look at the details from the server, i mostly enjoy hops (hopping from city to city) and free flight with (human)ATC, aerobatics is pretty dull in my opinion.

I've met some nice people and have flown with them miles & miles, also added them in Zone-Friends (sort of msn).
When i fly with them we set clock the same and put real weather on so that we see the same, also same plane and program gps the same or use HDG.

Now if u join a room and everybody is already on half the trip its hard to get there, just select the user u want to get close to by doing this CTRL + SHIFT + T untill the name is in your screen (Top right) after that press CTRL + SHIFT + F and voila u behind your target.

Hope this helps a bit, sorry for my bad english.

Sad

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

perohijo,
Latency is shown at the zone by a series of bars next to your name.
The more you have and the color of them shows what you have, dial-up or broadband and how good it is.
It's difficult for a dial-up user to fly with a broadband (cable, dsl, T1) user.

Radar

Anonymous wrote:

Anyone wanna take a flight with me someday thats fine by me, just leave your details below and i will contact u.

I will join you if you like (Or anyone else who wants to fly) just e-mail me on Colourneon@aol.com ( i use GMT time zone UK)

Rafi wrote:

I have no idea what can I ac hive flaying "multi player".

It is possible if the Moderator of the forum or any body else who has any positive experience would several words on the matter including technical reference what Internet speed is needed

Thanks

Col. Riley Guest

Could someone give me there IP Address, that way I could fly online along with other people?.......Thanks, and happy flying!!!

Col. Riley Guest

Could someone give me there IP Address, that way I could fly online along with other people?.......Thanks, and happy flying!!![/url]

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Col. Riley wrote:

Could someone give me there IP Address, that way I could fly online along with other people?.......Thanks, and happy flying!!![/url]

If you read through this entire thread you'll find a number of people have listed their IP and e-mail addresses.
Enjoy your flight! Thumbs Up!

Radar

if you have more than 55kpbs or wot eva its called then you should be able 2 join
Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

guest Guest

I have read the FAQ, checked the support area., Bypassed my firwall and I keep getting Failed to connect to Zone Server. I work with computers and networking as a profession and I can't figure out why I cannot connect to any of these flights. Any help would be appreciated. Robert in Corvallis

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

No firewall and lower your security and accept cookies in your browser.
If that doesn't work then download Mozilla just for the Zone, it has poor security.

Let us know how you do.

Radar

Guest Guest

Figured out what the problem was with failing to connect to the Zone server. I'm running Win2K as a user, needed to be Administrator!!!

Also, need IE 6.1, Mozilla won't display the active games.

Also had to bypass my firwall. Will go back and configure the ports later so I don't have to do that.

Also discovered TeamSpeak, much much better than trying to fool with the keyboard to chat while adjusting flight controls. - used it to do a flight with a guy out of KSFO.. first TS and first successful multi-player. Just have to remember to do everything as Administrator.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Thumbs Up! Glad that you have it working.

Radar

dave3 Guest

I go to zone, sign in with my account & stuff blabla... a window appears and says i've got to have FS 2002 INSTALLED!!! I DON'T WANT TO PLAY 2002
I WANT 2004 !!! GRRRRR STUPID IDIOTIC GAY ZONE

dave3 Guest

oh... and when i tried to join star-something server, i entered the IP, clicked search, and nothing happened Censored Whip Poke in Eye Angry