Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

CH Products Throttle Quadrant

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

My throttle quadrant just arrive. Of course, I am in the middle of flying from Tokyo to Singapore, so it will be a couple of hours before I can tinker with it 😂

I will be setting it up for multiengine jets so I will leave the four black handles as they arrived.

Since CH Products provides no documentation on how to use it with FS, I am hoping someone who has theirs set up for multiengine jets can give me some advice.

Thanks.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

No advices from 😕 me but...Congrats for your new Throttle... 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

Thanks. I'm trying to get it to work the way I want. I've got the right most handle for my spoilers and when I move it past the detent, it actuates the reverse thrust. That works pretty well. The four thottles seem to work fine on four-engine planes, but I would have expected on a two engine plane to only need two of them. The problem is if I only use they won't sync. I have to use all four which makes no sense on a two engine plane.

I'm using the left most handle for flaps which almost works as expected, but on some planes the flaps don't retract all the way.

Next I'll have to assign all those buttons. I'll have to get a label machine because I sure can't remember what all these buttons do. 😳

EDIT: I discovered that when I installed CH-Products software I inadvertantly screwed up my settings. Now I've got it under control. I think. 🙄

Pro Member First Officer
HardLanding First Officer

With all the bragging CH does about their products being perfect for FS, don't they even have a support forum to help with setup and config? I've been viewing their FlightStick with a covetous eye.

HL

Pro Member Chief Captain

True, and their "knowledgebase" link appears to be broken. That said, the problem I encountered was my own fault and I didn;t look to see if any of the settings didn't make sense.

Things get interesting when you set up three devices.

Still, it would be helpful if they had a forum for folks to discuss the ingeious ways they configured things. 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

HardLanding wrote:

With all the bragging CH does about their products being perfect for FS, don't they even have a support forum to help with setup and config? I've been viewing their FlightStick with a covetous eye.

HL

🙄 Whistle http://www.ch-hangar.com/forum/

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain

😳 🙄 Embarassed

Pro Member First Officer
beerbadger First Officer

hey is it good? just wondering if its worth the $120,

Pro Member Chief Captain

Yes it is, especially if you like to fly the big metal. Having a "visible" flaps lever means it is less likely that you'll forget to raise the flaps after take off. I have another lever set up to activate the spoilers and when moved past the detent, it activates the thrust reversers. Veary handy.

I am finding a bit of a conflict between the 4 throttles on the quadrant and the one on the yoke, so I may have to assign the lever on the yoke to something else.

I'll play more with the config after I complete my Singapore to Tokyo run today. Have a couple of hours to go.

As Radarman pointed out, they do have a forum at ch-hangar.com. I got an answer to a question Iposted only a few minutes later.

I now have enough buttons that I had to buy some labels so I'd remember which did what. Buttons do make for a better experience than keyboard entries.

While it isn't essential, it does make the experience more enjoyable...and it looks cool as hell! 😂

Pro Member Trainee
fuchsias Trainee

😁 see that its ME green with envy
wish i had one 😉

👍 😀 enjoy my friend

Pro Member Chief Captain

Just a bit of an update. I got the kinks out of the system. They were due to the way FS handles certain things. Once I got the conflicts resolved, all the levers, buttons, bells and whistles work just fine. 😀

Pro Member Site Admin
Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) Site Admin
Pro Member First Officer
Pro-Sim First Officer

Crash,

You can get great results out of the CH Yoke / Throttle / Pedals if you use a registered copy of FSUIPC......

You can then assign all of the controls (way more than is available using standard FS assignments) is FSUIPC .... it gives far better accuracy and control.

For those in the thread unsure about investing in the CH Yoke it is absolutely essential and revolutionized the sim, if you've never previously used a Yoke....

Don't expect the transtition from Joystick to Yoke to be easy though - especially on approach / landing ..... you need to re-learn your hand flying skills but it's so worth it.

The throttle and pedals are cool too, but if you have none, then it's worth going for the Yoke first.

Pro Member First Officer
Jeff Brock (jeffb57) First Officer

i got the ch throttle quadrant 3 months ago, and it has never worked for me. normally, the left engine instruments work fine, but the right instruments are all out of alignment. have had all sorts of people come look at it, but no success. now its just sitting in its box Crying or Very sad

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

flyaway wrote:

Get the quadrant here:
https://www.simshack.net/products/ch-products-throttle-quadrant-usb-38

Excuse me...Did anyone notice the date of the last Crash's post??? 😉

Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:16 am

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Flyaway was just advertising the new Pilot Shop on the bottom of all CH Yoke posts (yes its commission based, but yes, it was a while back now 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

😕 ❗

Pro Member First Officer
lkw First Officer

Even though it is a resurected thread it is timely as I am just now trying to convince myself that a yoke and possibly peddels can justify the expense.
🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain

jeffb57 wrote:

i got the ch throttle quadrant 3 months ago, and it has never worked for me. normally, the left engine instruments work fine, but the right instruments are all out of alignment. have had all sorts of people come look at it, but no success. now its just sitting in its box Crying or Very sad

You need to de-select the throttle on the yoke. FS does not like more than one control assigned to a function.

Pro Member First Officer
Pro-Sim First Officer

To the guy having problems with the throttle quad.

Fs has a glitch whereby when you set 'assignment' in the OPTIONS, it will often set random 'Sensitivities' that make no sense !

It always does this when I set the assignments for the CH Throttle Quad.

So if I havent' used it for weeks and have had it unplugged, then plug it in and re-assign each axix of the quad to the 4 engines, it randomly sets the 'sensitivities' for engines 3 and 4 to Nil !!

So plug it in (USB), go to 'Assignments' set each axis (each throttle lever) to each if hte 3 engine throttle settings .... then click OK and come right out of the setting page.

Now go back in and go to 'Sensitivities' and you'll see the messed up settings. Change ALL sensitivities to maximum, with NO null zones at for the throttles.

Now here's the final funny farm bit ;

Changing 'Sensitivities' in FS (for a device like the CH Quad) often randomly sets up 'Reverse' ticks back over in the 'Assignments' page !!!

So finally, go back in and if any of the settings now have a nasty red tick next to "reverse" remove the ticks - and all should work fine.

In summary:-

- Set 'assignments' (for each of the engines).
- Set 'sensitivities' to max (no null zones).
- Go back to 'assignments' and remove any dud 'reverse' ticks.

David.