SearchSearch 

Can't find the ships!

Pro Member First Officer
Aldeeb First Officer

On another day when I was trolling around I came across some dowloads of ships that could be added to the bare seas of FlightSim - cruise ships, warships - all sorts of things of interest.

Haven't been able to find that site since - does anybody have any idea as to where it might be?

5 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

See if this link helps ➡

Pro Member First Officer
Aldeeb First Officer

No that wasn't the site as I couldn't be sure whether they were intended to populate FS9's empty oceans. The classifications I came across before - warships, cruise ships etc just aren't there.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Sorry for this Crying or Very sad ...wait till more guys come which are more experienced than me in add-ons research.

Pro Member First Officer
Aldeeb First Officer

Found it - I had popped the address into my "Favourites".

The address is http://www.fs-shipyards.org/index.php?ind=downloads

I have downloaded a couple - a Jetfoil and a French Schooner and the next thing is to figure our how you put what amounts to moving scenery into FS9. Should be interesting and it would be nice to have something in the sea but I hope it doesn't generate a flood of Jetfoils!

Pro Member First Officer
Aldeeb First Officer

The downloaded Jetfoil I got from the ships site looks just the same in format as a plane, complete with "model" folders containing a couple of .cfg files.

It looks to me as though the idea is to "fly" the Jetfoil in the same way as one would handle a floatplane without wheel from the outset. "Create a flight" then chose an aircraft and set it down on land somewhere near water. Then drag it across land to the water in the map mode. I've done this with Empire flying boats and it works a treat. So it looks like Portland Harbour (Navy) might be a good place to start.

Who knows I might even get to "fly" the Macau-Hong Kong route which I did many years ago in realtime!