SearchSearch 

Frame Rate Settings

Pro Member Trainee
macdeb Trainee

Could anybody tell me how I can change the frame rate on FS2004? Mine is locked at 20 and I don't know how to change it?
Thanks
Mac

13 Responses

allex Guest

Simply go to the settings page, select "Hardware" and you can find the frame rate indicator at the top of the page, on the left. 🙂[/b]

Pro Member First Officer
Netz Rafi (Rafi) First Officer

About frame rate..A lot of post on that matter. My question is if any body can see any importance of better then 24-26 fps. At the movies we have something like 24 frames per sec. Maybe the limitation of 24 is OK?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I have mine set at 32, the only time it pushes that is when I'm flying over a "no terrain" like Alaska wilderness with minimal weather.

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

I have read somewhere that the higher you push it, the more resourse goes in to producing visuals.So say when landing fs will pump up the graphics and you should see more auto gen buildings(ok with a good graphics card but will slow you down with an older card)

If its true I hope it helps 🙄

Pro Member First Officer
Michael_H First Officer

Mine are capped at 27. Works for me...

Pro Member First Officer
Mason Gilliam (harleyman) First Officer

OK ....Now I really don't get it.....

Mine was set at 87........

After reading all these posts I changed it to 28...

I really saw no difference...........LOL

So whats this FFS stuff all about anyway????? Or is it FFM?????

Oh well....It works at my house............

Pro Member First Officer
Michael_H First Officer

Harleyman,

I'm not exactly sure either, but the way it was explained to me by someone who knows much more about how video cards actually work than I do, is that limiting the target frame rates can actually improve overall performance. It's better for the VPU not to have to discard from the frame buffer in dynamic conditions and instead do meaningful work for upcoming frames.

Don't ask me to explain what that really means... 😂

Pro Member First Officer

That is what I understood from reading some staff on that matter.(as Micael_H wrote). At max performance your CPU works around 97 -100 % and works for other process less and get warmer. I think after 24-26 FPS you cant see difference

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Bow Down Thanks for all the information, I changed my setting to 27 last night and after flying out of Gibraltar I was hitting the ceiling (27).
It was a smooth flight so that setting is good enough for me. Yes

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Jim Glockner (jimmyglockner) Trainee

I learn something new every time I log on to "Fly Away". My understanding of frame rate is very similar to most of you. Don't run it up too high. I keep mine around 25 now and that seems to work well for me.

Happy flying all.

JimmyGlockner

Pro Member First Officer
Mason Gilliam (harleyman) First Officer

Mine was doing great.....Then I had puter problems and FR dropped to 14 - 22....YUK...Nothing helped,so I reinstalled FS and yesterday I flew from Las Vegas To Dallas Ft. Worth at night,,,Was getting constant high 30's and with changing views was hitting 60 - 70..... So I moved slider in hardware to 95 and was topping 70 and 80 momentarely while changing views...As daylight approached they dropped and held thru daylight around 32 - 38.....Cool......

Pro Member First Officer
horrgakx First Officer

Still confused.
I really can't see a difference if I choose 20 or unlimited.

Pro Member First Officer

In my opinion U R right. 20-24 is satisfactory. U have to pay attention to the fact that 24 on the air is dropping down to 12 some time when landing so your settings have to take under consideration a few other matters like whetter settings ,what air plane U R flying and GPS yes/no ,top down view yes/no virtual cock pit yes/no and some more problems