Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

"Cockpit" Photo

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Okay, everyone has posted a picture of their "cockpit" at one time or other. Not to be outdone, here is mine.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Well its great Crash 😳 ...great... 👏 I like the huge tarantula on your monitor... 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Punk That looks great, I can see your new piece of equipment.
Radar

Pro Member Captain
Sean (SeanGa) Captain

cool! Do many of you guys use flying equipment like that? I only use my keyboard

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

SeanGa wrote:

cool! Do many of you guys use flying equipment like that? I only use my keyboard

I just have a joystick and the keyboard but having the yoke, pedals, quadrant etc make it much more realistic and fun.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain

I did the photo last night. I figured I'd post it since I'm flying back from RJAA to KLAX and had nothing to look at but the ocean. 😂

I've got it set up so that prop, mixture, engine startup and shutdown, master battery/alternator, ignition, master A/P & F/D and trim are handled from the yoke.

The quadrant handles flaps, 4 throttles, spoilers, reversers, landing gear, autothrottle, A/P alt, nav, hdg & loc hold, cowl flaps, pushback and parking brakes. Also, the switch below the detent in each of the throttles shuts the fuel flow to that engine. The detent below the spoilers activates the thrust reverse and the detent below the flaps, fully retracts them. Actually, the last one may change when I figure out what else could be of more use after fully extending flaps.

Pro Member Chief Captain

SeanGa wrote:

Considering the yoke throttle quadrant and pedals ran about $330, it isn't something a lot of people would do. But I would definitely suggest that you get a good joystick. It makes things a lot easier.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Well since Crash start it...here is mine... ➡

Pro Member Chief Captain
jarred_01 Chief Captain

Wow, nice setup you have there Crash. I like how you have the clipboard with your aeronautical charts on, is that a stopwatch at the top of it for VOR navigation?

Greekman you have a nice setup too there! 👍

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

No special setup dear Jarred.Crash is miles front of me...I just only have a joystick and nothing more... 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
jarred_01 Chief Captain

Greekman72 wrote:

No special setup dear Jarred.Crash is miles front of me...I just only have a joystick and nothing more... 😉

And a nice laptop of course! 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain

jarred_01 wrote:

Wow, nice setup you have there Crash. I like how you have the clipboard with your aeronautical charts on, is that a stopwatch at the top of it for VOR navigation?

Actually, it's a calculator. I am looking for a digital stopwatch to add to this playpen of mine. 😂

Missing from the picture are the pedals and a scanner that I use to monitor air traffic in the Los Angeles/Socal area. That way I always have some ATC chatter.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

jarred_01 wrote:

Greekman72 wrote:

And a nice laptop of course! 😂

You know...i know a lot of guys that will tell...''Look..he wants to show us his Laptop...''
But the reason is other...Since i get it(3 weeks ago) i use it for net while the other PC is busy on flights.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

jarred_01 wrote:

Actually, it's a calculator. I am looking for a digital stopwatch to add to this playpen of mine. 😂

Missing from the picture are the pedals and a scanner that I use to monitor air traffic in the Los Angeles/Socal area. That way I always have some ATC chatter.

Crash you have a great way to set up your flights...I envy you... 😉

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

Crash I envy you for the CH controls, they are the best but expensive. I did just upgrade from the MS precision pro to the Saitek X-52. As sticks go it is very nice.

I see about everything but a flight attendant to bring you coffee on those long flights. 🙂

Greekman, you have a very nice setup too. Just stay out of those war zones and it might stay that way. ROFL

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

ROFL ROFL ROFL 👍

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

Crash, that's a great set up! 👍

And Greekman, I love your airplane on top of your monitor ❤️
Oh yeah, the laptop is great too. You can fly and write posts in Fly Away at the same time 😂
I do that too, but I have to go to another computer behind the other one.

I don't have much space on my desk, so usally I have folders on top of thew printer and next to it 😂
I can post a picture later. Just remind me to do that 😛

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

And Greekman, I love your airplane on top of your monitor

Its a DC-3 replica Captain Agus and i know someone Radar who will notice it too... 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

Probably...

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Greekman72 wrote:

Its a DC-3 replica Captain Agus and i know someone Radar who will notice it too... 😉

Yes and I drooled all over my keyboard. Drool

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

RadarMan wrote:

Greekman72 wrote:

Radar

ROFL

I change it with your props(and the planes together... 😂 )folder... 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Greekman72 wrote:

RadarMan wrote:

Greekman72 wrote:

Radar

ROFL

No, No! Be careful what you wish for. My folder can be duplicated, If I had a DVD burner I'd send it to you.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

RadarMan wrote:

Greekman72 wrote:

RadarMan wrote:

Greekman72 wrote:

Radar

ROFL

No, No! Be careful what you wish for. My folder can be duplicated, If I had a DVD burner I'd send it to you.

Radar

My damn Embarassed English Wall Bashing dont help me to get what you mean... Embarassed
Although i make clear that i was kidding... 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I know your kidding but I wish I could send some aircraft to you that you'd like to have.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

RadarMan wrote:

I know your kidding but I wish I could send some aircraft to you that you'd like to have.

Radar

Thank you very very much for your effort my friend Embarassed Think as you have done it. 😉

And deeply sorry for get you(and lot of others)in troubles with my difficulties in understand Embarassed (sometimes... 😉 :lol🙂

🍻

Pro Member Captain
Zach (ranald) Captain

very nice home cockpits Surprised I dont have a camera to use (I did but cant find it 🙄 ) RM what size is your FS9 folder you must have loads of aircraft 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

ranald wrote:

very nice home cockpits Surprised I dont have a camera to use (I did but cant find it 🙄 ) RM what size is your FS9 folder you must have loads of aircraft 😀

I'm sure others have folders that are much larger.
Size on disk 10.6 GB (11,472,896,000 bytes)

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain

16.3 GB (17,520,889,856 bytes) 😳 I really have to clean that out.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

😳 😳 😳

1,6GB... Embarassed Blush

Pro Member Captain
Zach (ranald) Captain

mine is only 3.5GB It used to be massive but then I had to reinstall FS9 Mad

Pro Member Captain
Micah Captain

ive never looked at how big my fs9 is on my pc until now, i was surprised to see it took up 12gig!!

I hope to post a "cockpit" photo tomorrow! (got to tidy it up first!) Embarassed

Micah 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

Here's mine

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Nice set-up Liono. 👍 I like this toy-truck on your Video-TV 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

Cheers Greekman.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Liono wrote:

Cheers Greekman.

🍻 🙂)

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

Greekman72 wrote:

🍻 🙂)

I see where there was a 6.7 earth quake in southern Greece, was it anywhere near you?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

Here's mine, although my flight controls aren't visible.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

WarHawk42 wrote:

Greekman72 wrote:

🍻 🙂)

I see where there was a 6.7 earth quake in southern Greece, was it anywhere near you?

Thanks for you interest Warhawk 🍻

To be precise it was an 6.9 earth quake in a distance of 215km(i think about 134miles)northwest of Athens at 13:36.
It make sence all over the country.
Fortunatelly the center was under see area in a depthe about 75km(about 47miles)between the Island of Kithira and Crete,and thats why we have only some small buildings(old enough)damaged in a small village in Kithira.

The point is that the duration was about 20-25 seconds and these is the most terrified.
Of course the most terrified of all is if you stand on TV and watch all of this clowns on news on trying to do the small huge... 🍅 🍅 🍅 Yucky Yucky Yucky

Anyway everything is allright.We have some experience of these phenomenons(Sep of 1999)

Thanks a lot again for you interest. 👍

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

Greekman72 wrote:

Thanks for you interest Warhawk 🍻

To be precise it was an 6.9 earth quake in a distance of 215km(i think about 134miles)northwest of Athens at 13:36.
It make sence all over the country.
Fortunatelly the center was under see area in a depthe about 75km(about 47miles)between the Island of Kithira and Crete,and thats why we have only some small buildings(old enough)damaged in a small village in Kithira.

The point is that the duration was about 20-25 seconds and these is the most terrified.
Of course the most terrified of all is if you stand on TV and watch all of this clowns on news on trying to do the small huge... 🍅 🍅 🍅 Yucky Yucky Yucky

Anyway everything is allright.We have some experience of these phenomenons(Sep of 1999)

Thanks a lot again for you interest. 👍

Well if you're not flying through a war zone and getting shot at you are in an earth quake. Ill

Glad to hear all is well. I've been in some minor earth quakes when I was in California, but nothing that would compare to that. 6.9 is getting to be a pretty strong quake.

👍

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Well if you're not flying through a war zone and getting shot at you are in an earth quake

You call it leaving on the edge... 😉 🍻

Pro Member First Officer
sylvan First Officer

Heres my set-up

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Sylvan....

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Chris i see some green papers in your desk...What are they??? 😉 😉 😉

Nice WDC setup.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

Greekman72 wrote:

Sylvan....

Nice WDC setup.

Hi Greekman,
If you mean the lime green papers, they are Post-It notes 😉 If you mean the dark green paper, that's my eBay fund!
I'm glad you like my backround - it's the "official" White House backround that is on all the White House computers.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Chris102 wrote:

Greekman72 wrote:

Sylvan....

Nice WDC setup.

Hi Greekman,
If you mean the lime green papers, they are Post-It notes 😉 If you mean the dark green paper, that's my eBay fund!
I'm glad you like my backround - it's the "official" White House backround that is on all the White House computers.

Of course i was reffering to the darker ones... 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

Greekman72 wrote:

Chris102 wrote:

Greekman72 wrote:

Sylvan....

Nice WDC setup.

Hi Greekman,

Of course i was reffering to the darker ones... 😉

Of course ROFL
Why would I even think you meant the Post-It's ROFL

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

Greekman72 wrote:

If i am not mistaken, that isn't any old toy truck....

is it Optimus Prime in one of his later incarnations from Tranformers?

Insight wrote:

Greekman72 wrote:

Close Insight it's Ultra Magnas and I have another one on top of wardrobe fully complete and still in it's orignal box.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Sorry that was me I forgot to log in Embarassed Embarassed

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Insight wrote:

Greekman72 wrote:

I never like to play with these transfo-things.... 😉