ATC problem - what do i do when this occurs???

Hi Guys,

i was fllying today and requested clearence to land. I got this message from ATC, "Airport currently IFR, request denied." Now, why is this?

it was a cloudy day but nothing too extreme and other aircraft were being cleared to land all of the time, but not me and my airbus!!

So frustrating. i have had this before but just ignored it, but i want it sorted. please help!!

Plus FS9 gave me the black screen treatment after a i had just performed a perfect landing with massive flap failure, couldnt record my fsp flight!

What a bad day!!

Micah Evil or Very Mad

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Micah Captain

plus i didnt even log in here properly before i made this post!!!!!!!!

ahhhhhghgggggggrrrrrrrr!!¬!!!!!!!!!!

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Pro Member First Officer
beerbadger First Officer

harsh, fly a ifr flight plan in all weather thats what i do 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

Hi Guys,

i was fllying today and requested clearence to land. I got this message from ATC, "Airport currently IFR, request denied." Now, why is this?

it was a cloudy day but nothing too extreme and other aircraft were being cleared to land all of the time, but not me and my airbus!!

So frustrating. i have had this before but just ignored it, but i want it sorted. please help!!

Plus FS9 gave me the black screen treatment after a i had just performed a perfect landing with massive flap failure, couldnt record my fsp flight!

What a bad day!!

Micah Evil or Very Mad

You have to search for another close airport which is in VFR or make some cyrcles(if you have enough fuel) and ask again and again for permission with the hope weather change, and airports turn to VFR(it works for me once...but just once)... 😉

Pro Member Captain
Bindolaf Captain

Actually it's very easy to be in "IFR conditions", nothing extreme is required. Any low altitude cloud cover and/or low visibility and bam! No VFR. If memory serves (correct me here) overcast or broken lower than 1500 ft AGL and/or less than 3nm visibility makes an area IFR only.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...