Weather

Pro Member Trainee
Jim Glockner (jimmyglockner) Trainee

I would like to get the input from all you flight simmers about what type of weather you like to use when flying (creat you own, use real weather, etc.)

Happy flying all.

JimmyGlockner

Answers 10 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

Fs2004 sets up some nice pre-arranged weather conditions, but often times if i'm looking for something REALLY grey and rainy, I like to create my own (even though the ATC generally doesn't let me take off in horrible weather!). Although, there's nothing like coming in after a walk outside and being able to fly in that very weather you're looking at through the window. My all time favorite weather is "Building Storms" while flying through the mountains on a bright sunny day. I love taking off from Sion in the Alps and hearing/feeling the rumbling thunder building in the low-flying clouds. There's something magical about it.

Pro Member Trainee

Thank you Originalgrunge for your input. I must try the 'Building Storms' soon.

Happy flying.

JimmyGlockner

Pro Member First Officer
Mason Gilliam (harleyman) First Officer

Hi there JG......

I just use whats already there......

I really like cold fronts..........They give a nice bounce ,,you know,,the kind that has you white-knuckeling your seat....LOL

Looking out the side view you can really get a feel for how much you are getting tossed about....

Ohhhhhhhh....I also like building storms when flying IFR.......

Ohhhhhh....And Snow.....I like the snow too!!!!!!!!!!!!

But sometimes it gets so ruff out there it is impossible to hold your altitude,,,and those pesky controlers are always....*007 you are three hundred feet below your assigned altitude*....That gets old I tell Ya..........

Pro Member Trainee

Thanks HarleyMan for your input. I agree. sometimes aTC can be a real pain when you are try to control an aircraft in turbulant weather.

Happy flying.

JimmyGlockner

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

I enjoy the Fogged In setting. Gives my instrument skills a run for their money! I also enjoy the building storms setting. I'm not very good at setting my own weather, as it usually seems to extreme after i'm done with it, but foggy at night is fun, as well as winter wonderland. Makes me wanna sing *fa la la la la, la la la la*

Pro Member Trainee

Alright F_E_M. I can see where you are coming from. Like your use of emoticons....lol

Happy flying.

JimmyGlockner

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😀 Hi all my fav is building storms and severe thunder storm (that one really gets the wings moving)
Also real weather if im flying holiday charter to some where Ive been in real life (Just to see what its like)
When using real weather I stick to static (I cant stand the way it loads)
You should have run this as a poll but building storms seems at No1 so far

Happy landings

Pro Member First Officer
Rambunctious First Officer

mmmm...

It's to do with your skills, and preference at that time of day.

Try starting at maximum, and working your way back...

Pro Member Trainee

Tomthe Tank, I think you are right. Building storms seem to be the favorite weather theme.

Happy flying all.

JimmyGlockner

Pro Member First Officer
jetman35 First Officer

I had a hairy approach coming into Aspen, CO the other day. The sky quickly changed from sunny to cloudy to snow with fog! I almost missed the airport. (used my GPS instead of VFR) I ALSO enjoy the sudden changes in weather conditons. 😳 Try landing a jet in the fog/snow and wind in the mountains can always be challenging but hey, it fun!!

Jetman

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...