Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Airplane Downloading

needhelp Guest

Today I downloaded my first to planes and then after that couldn't download anymore. I've done anything right....download the plane then put the files into the Airplanes folded. I've done this about 30 times and the planes have not shown up on the game. Please help....Thank you.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain
needhelp Guest

yes 😞 Ok, evertime I download a new file there a lot of folders in winzip. The only planes that have actually appeared in the game have had folders labeled Panel, model, sound, etc. Do I need to organize the files into folders like these and then download them? I need alot of help...

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Usually only the effects and (sometimes) the gauges go into their own main folders.
The rest stay in the folder with the aircraft's name on it, that goes into the main aircraft folder.
Radar

gorilla1 Guest

Ok, here's what I've been trying to get for the last 8 hrs....an F-16, F-15, or anything that is fast and maneauvarable. I would really like a Lockheed SR-71. Are there any links you guys could provide that have the 4 folders? Thanks. Oh, and heres an example...if I wanted to download this plane-----http://www.simradar.com/File/2754/The_LOCKHEED_MARTIN_F_16_Fighting_Falcon__VIPER_.html-----how would I make it appear on the game airplane selection. Thanks for everyones help 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

needhelp wrote:

yes 😞 Ok, evertime I download a new file there a lot of folders in winzip.

I suggest you use the Windows extraction tool to unzip your files instead of WinZip, it cuts down on confusion and you won't have to learn how to use a new program just to unzip your files. We'll take it from there.

To use the Windows extraction tool you right-click on the file and select "Extract All...". Then just follow the prompts. It's easy and you'll have everything in one place without having to worry about the confusing interface of WinZip.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
needhelp Guest

Wow, thanks for everyones help.......ok, i've downloaded the SR-71....Where do I take it from here.....Thank you so much

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I use Winzip with the "Wizard Interface" it's nice and neat, not a mess like that.
Try it and you'll be able to follow the instruction link we gave you.
Radar

needhelp Guest

Ok, I did the wizard thing and unzipped the files to the flight sim folder and the aircraft folder and still nothing. And the SR-71 still doesn't work Crying or Very sad

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Try this
#Create a new folder on your desktop
Extract the files to the new folder
Look inside the new folder and tell us what you have

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

needhelp wrote:

Ok, I did the wizard thing and unzipped the files to the flight sim folder and the aircraft folder and still nothing. And the SR-71 still doesn't work Crying or Very sad

Look in your aircraft foder...maybe inside that folder you notice that you dont have the panel,gauges,aircrft cfg.,etc...but another folder with your crafts name...Cut this folder paste him in the FS aircraft folder and delete the old one.

You can aslo use WinRar for Unzip and extract your files,I find it better from WinZip.(personal opinion 😉 )

http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm

needhelp Guest

Guess what.....I finally figured out how to download the planes...Thank you guys so much for your help 😀 😀 😀