Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Self made packages

Pro Member First Officer
sonicninja First Officer

Is there anyone else on this site that has decided to tailor FS9 to thier own preference like I have done?

I have deleted all the FS9 default aircraft and AI traffic and replaced these with my own Commercial and Military aircraft and flightplans.
I have also installed Ultimate Traffic and a large list of military flightplans that cover every RAF and Naval base within the UK and some extending to Gibralta and the middle east and Iceland and Norway.

The aim of this is basically when I take off from any airport or airbase in the uk i dont want to see cessna skyplanes everywhere, i now enjoy seeing a host of different aircraft that i have pre-planned to fly a certain route.

I have also noted all my flightplans on a big "whiteboard" in my computer room so i know exactly what is flying what route at what time, a bit like a control tower timetable really, the aim of this really is to make sure I havent fallen into the idea of sticking any old planes anywhere.
I have mainly used real-life flightplans for my commercial flightplans, and a host of real military flightplans from my experience in the military to make sure they are as real-life as I can remember.

So if anyone out there is intrested in a similar project i am willing to swap ideas and notes to get the best out of fs9.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Interesting ideas, we all deal with the sim in different ways. That's what makes it such an addictive hobby.
Radar

Pro Member First Officer
sonicninja First Officer

i think that FS9 is the best game out simply because you can manipulate it to do so many different things, what other game gives you this opportunity?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

The part I am mostly interested at this stage is:

I have deleted all the FS9 default aircraft and AI traffic and replaced these with my own Commercial and Military aircraft and flightplans.

Can I take this literally? Umm...

Pro Member First Officer
sonicninja First Officer

Yes you can, i removed all the default traffic and installed my own, not only does the the traffic feel and look better when flying and and landing at various airports but the fps are better, the AI aircraft are a better quality and everytime you take a wingview you dont have a Cessna passing there, now i see the occasional RAF aircraft or a better quality Civil airliner on its way to a destination i have sent it too. Smile

Pro Member Trainee
roger123 Trainee

Hi Sonicninja,

Your comments are very interesting. I have one small query.........
When you delete the default aircraft - do you just delete the aircraft folders, or do you have to play about with your registry too?
Excuse my ignorance Smile
Read

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

roger123 wrote:

Hi Sonicninja,

Your comments are very interesting. I have one small query.........
When you delete the default aircraft - do you just delete the aircraft folders, or do you have to play about with your registry too?
Excuse my ignorance Smile
Read

Of course Sonic should now better, but i can suppose that deleting only the aircraft folder would be enough.

Pro Member First Officer
sonicninja First Officer

yes i just deleted the aircraft folder apart from that of the cessna 172 as that is the default flight aircraft so i just left that one in, all the others have gone through my recycle bin Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

When ever I want to delete the default AI packages I use the ProjectAI default General Traffic Removal tool.

As of now the only AI I have installed is Traffic 2004 and all of the project AI for the UK

Pro Member First Officer
sonicninja First Officer

I found that the PAI aircraft are not very framerate friendly and also they do not look as good as the AI Ardvaark & Ultimate Traffic aircraft.
I used PAI for about 2 years and i have really noticed the difference in framerates and aircraft quality, especially since I purchased UK2000 whole series of scenery packages, now all the airports have high quality aircraft and my framerates arent munched through like Paris Hiltons boyfriend when im moving around the or passing over the airports. Laughing

Pro Member Trainee
roger123 Trainee

sonicninja wrote:

yes i just deleted the aircraft folder apart from that of the cessna 172 as that is the default flight aircraft so i just left that one in, all the others have gone through my recycle bin Very Happy

Thank you for your reply
Smile

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

sonicninja wrote:

I found that the PAI aircraft are not very framerate friendly and also they do not look as good as the AI Ardvaark & Ultimate Traffic aircraft.
I used PAI for about 2 years and i have really noticed the difference in framerates and aircraft quality, especially since I purchased UK2000 whole series of scenery packages, now all the airports have high quality aircraft and my framerates arent munched through like Paris Hiltons boyfriend when im moving around the or passing over the airports. Laughing

I had PAI installed for quite a while and have now problems at any major airport and I have the traffic slider set to 100%.
I think it all comes down to your system and how good it is really. (looks at sig and smiles Wink )

Pro Member Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

The aim of this is basically when I take off from any airport or airbase in the uk i dont want to see cessna skyplanes everywhere, i now enjoy seeing a host of different aircraft that i have pre-planned to fly a certain route.

I deleted all default commercial AI traffic- because those fake airline liverys look so fake and out of place. I have kepts all my default GA though because it's nice to land at a regional airport that is busterling with light aircraft just like real life.

I have also installed Ultimate Traffic and a large list of military flightplans that cover every RAF and Naval base within the UK and some extending to Gibralta and the middle east and Iceland and Norway.

I also have Ulitmate Traffic installed from flight1, but havnn't updated it at all. It's just nice to fly to international airports and see international airlines there- but I'm more of a GA person at the end of the day, so I dont have any militry AI stuff at all.

Cool

Pro Member First Officer
sonicninja First Officer

Thats what its all about Cheeky....personal preference, i love military aircraft but i like to make it as real as possible and only have a realistic amount of military aircraft flying around.