SearchSearch 

A/P won't engage after engine restart

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

I've seen this happen on a couple of a/c. If I accidently kill the engines and restart them, the f/d & a/p refuse to engage. What obvious thing am I overlooking?

4 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

I've seen this happen on a couple of a/c. If I accidently kill the engines and restart them, the f/d & a/p refuse to engage. What obvious thing am I overlooking?

I think its FS bug Crash...I have notice it in past.And i click escand then cancel to come back and it was ok... Dont Know

Pro Member Chief Captain

I was afraid of that. Of course it happens when I'm trying to fly online. 🙄

Pro Member Chief Captain

I found the answer (I think). When you kill the engines, the generators (alternators) are switched off. Wait long enough and your batteries go dead. 🙄 There are some other results I may have missed. I checked it out by killing and restarting the engines on a plane that had everything on one panel so I didn't have to go hunting for the results.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

I found the answer (I think). When you kill the engines, the generators (alternators) are switched off. Wait long enough and your batteries go dead. 🙄 There are some other results I may have missed. I checked it out by killing and restarting the engines on a plane that had everything on one panel so I didn't have to go hunting for the results.

Seems logic.Good point 👍