Jetfoil download

Pro Member First Officer
Aldeeb First Officer

I downloaded a Boeing Jetfoil, so that I can reproduce journeys I have made in them and it looks pretty realistic.

The engine is not running at the start and CTL+E certainly fires it up but it does not stay running. Does anybody have any thoughts how an engine doing this can be persuaded to keep running? I have met this problem before and can remember that the Hummelbird does the same thing - the anwer with that was "Start up" after ATC clearance completed and once cleared to advance the throttle and take off. This doesn't work with the Jetfoil.

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
lkw First Officer

I assume you already checked that generators were turned on some times the auto start sequence does not activate.

Pro Member First Officer
Aldeeb First Officer

I don't think I can see any generators on the panel but I will have another look to make certain. There seems to be little in the way of instrumentation but I guess that this "plane" didn't need much as it didn't plan to leave the surface.

There has to be navigational kit as they certainly had radar/radio etc to avoid hitting the land - one memorable night a "pilot" managed to drive one ashore on Lantau Island between HKG and Macau doing over £1M damage to the craft. I never did hear what came out in any inquiry! They were certainly spectacular rides, especially as they approached the landing place at speed which dropped off almost instantly when the hull went into the water.

Pro Member First Officer
Aldeeb First Officer

I couldn't find anything obvious but eventually using the E+(1 or 2) combination and CTL+E I managed to fire up both engines and get it running.

I took it down the Solent from Spithead to just off Bournemouth and it was quite good but there are one or two glitches around.

Speed control is difficult as any attempt to try to reduce speed causes it to drop from its preferred position in the "red" at around 59 knots to about 35 knots without warning. After a while it picks up again and returns to maximum "in the red" speed.

Another problem seems to be Autopilot failure - the heading control works ok but without warning the "aircraft" goes haywire and makes violent alterations of course and the only thing to do seems to be to bring the throttles down to minimum in "virtual pilot" mode and let it calm down. It is then possible to get going again and resume the "flight".

The scenery isn't much good at sea level, as you would expect but I must say I was disappointed not to see either Hurst Castle or the Needles lighthouse. I was however quite glad that there were no potential collision possibilities with ships - the last time I was down that way we passed QE2 right by Hurst Castle which is a pretty narrow channel!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...