SearchSearch 

I uninstall FS.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Well...yes Crying or Very sad I have to do this horrible thing...I was facing up with a problem that i cant handle although i have tried all the suggested methods occasionally we have discuss in here.
The last 1 week and always before my final approach to the runways FS give a message about virtual memory problems and disk clean up etc...etc...etc... Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Here are my system specs ➡

CPU = AMD Athlon64,2400 (2x1200)
MOBO = Asus K8V SE Deluxe
VGA = Asus NVIDIA GeForce 6600 (256 MB)
RAM = 3 x 1GB
HD = 2 x 200GB (Plus 1 x 200GB External USB)

The only conclusion that pass from my mind is that something wrong with the textures add-ons i have recently install(for clouds,roads,lights, etc)cause before i add all of these things FS run without problem in full display settings.
I will start a step by step installation of all my add-ons in order to spot what causes this Evil or Very Mad problem.It is going to take long time but no matter.
I prefer to have a poor FS for some time instead of end a 5 hours real time flight with a message from windows than the report from FSPassengers.

I will let you know when-and if-i spot something.

(The fresh installation has already done. 😉 )

21 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😳 If ever you replace textures or anything default in fs, copy them to a back up file
Too late now I know,but if you had done this you may not of had to reinstall

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

tomthetank wrote:

😳 If ever you replace textures or anything default in fs, copy them to a back up file
Too late now I know,but if you had done this you may not of had to reinstall

Well you have apsolutely right my friend TTT.
I let you know that i wasnt so familiar with the add-on process and the last 5-6 week was the trainee period for me...I guess that everyone pass through this level and make a number of experiments and adds,removes make mistakes(copies to wrong folders etc) in order to learn something.
I think that now i have some-small-experience and i wont repeat some of the mistakes i have done(i discover it later of course)I have already create a folder which i call Original FS files...this shows how correct you are in your notice my friend.

Thanks a lot 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Greekman72 wrote:

Well...yes Crying or Very sad I have to do this horrible thing...I was facing up with a problem that i cant handle although i have tried all the suggested methods occasionally we have discuss in here.
The last 1 week and always before my final approach to the runways FS give a message about virtual memory problems and disk clean up etc...etc...etc... Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Here are my system specs ➡

CPU = AMD Athlon64,2400 (2x1200)
MOBO = Asus K8V SE Deluxe
VGA = Asus NVIDIA GeForce 6600 (256 MB)
RAM = 3 x 1GB
HD = 2 x 200GB (Plus 1 x 200GB External USB)

The only conclusion that pass from my mind is that something wrong with the textures add-ons i have recently install(for clouds,roads,lights, etc)cause before i add all of these things FS run without problem in full display settings.
I will start a step by step installation of all my add-ons in order to spot what causes this Evil or Very Mad problem.It is going to take long time but no matter.
I prefer to have a poor FS for some time instead of end a 5 hours real time flight with a message from windows than the report from FSPassengers.

I will let you know when-and if-i spot something.

(The fresh installation has already done. 😉 )

Sorry to hear that GM 😞 . I wish I could help you, but as you have probably gathered, I haven't the foggiest about computers 😉 Hope you get it sorted soon 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Thanks a lot Jon. 😉 No problem at all. 😀
FS is already installed on my system after a deep cleaning of it(spams,registries,viruses,disk clean up,defragment,start up programs etc)and now i install some of my favorite crafts.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Before you uninstall everything have you tried this.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/892610/en-us
Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

RadarMan wrote:

Before you uninstall everything have you tried this.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/892610/en-us
Radar

Thanks for the link RaadarMan...I have...play...with my page file settings(i notice it yesterday to another post of mine)

I dont know what cause this prolem...I have done almsot everything to solve problem(even page file changing from my master disc to my slave one)but nothing...

, i set them also to manual and set them to the triple size that my system suggests...Still the same bad results... Dont Know

Anyway all these are past now.I have already finish my new installation and tommorow i will continue with my rest of add-ons.

Thanks a lot for your support Gents. 👍

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

I feel your pain, Ill I have reinstalled FS many times over the last couple of years. With my computer I don't even try to use add on scenery, I have enough problems with some of the add on planes. Censored ROFL

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Greekman,
I know I'm missing out on many things, mesh, extra scenery, but as long as I stick to just aircraft and occasionally scenery that I see that others have loaded successfully I never have any FS9 problems.

I use few add-ons now but with FSX I plan on world scenery, that one will look good.

Good luck with the new installation.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

I'm very sorry to hear about your dilemma Greekman. Considering how many of us here at Flyaway you have helped out of a tight spot... and as a reward you get this.
Your suspiscion that certain add-ons might have caused your problems I share with you. I for one will stay away from 'Self-Installers' once and for all.

I have finally managed to re-format (thanks for your help), everything seems to be working so far but I haven't installed fs9 yet. You're ahead of me... the best of luck to you! Hack 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

RadarMan wrote:
I know I'm missing out on many things, mesh, extra scenery, but as long as I stick to just aircraft and occasionally scenery that I see that others have loaded successfully I never have any FS9 problems.

Thats a good method.
Im too a fun of clear and simple installations not only for FS but for Computers in general.
As most of you figure out ,i was completly amateur in FS when i first login to this great site.
I search for add-ons without knowing excactly what i was looking for and also without knowing the huge load (of add-ons)we can find in net.
I was helped a lot from all of you not only by asking but also with reading all of your posts carefully.
So i have to practise and practise and make a lot of mistakes and wrong movements.
But i learn(not everything-i will never manage to do it)some things now.
Last weeks always pass through my mind a clear installation and as a maniac of it i was angry and sad when i notice my empty Sackletons panel, and some more bad installed add-ons.

Thanks a lot for you great and patient advices you have and you will always(i hope 😉 ) give me RadarMan. 😉

Tailhook wrote:
Considering how many of us here at Flyaway you have helped out of a tight spot... and as a reward you get this.

My friend believe me i was more helped than help...I dont see it as an ugrateful reward from PCs God 😂 ...Its a condition that i have created with my experiments.So im the only one who has the responsibility to fix and clean things.

Thanks a lot you too Tailhook cause your help in add-ons was more than valiable.

Warhawk Thanks for your support my friend. 😀 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Im on the air again... Group Wave

😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Group Wave

Glad to hear it GM 👍

😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

99jolegg wrote:

Group Wave

Glad to hear it GM 👍

😉

Thanks Jon 😉

Pro Member First Officer
Corgi First Officer

Hi Greekman

I'm saddened by your dilema, but I am absolutely delighted that you are now back in the air.

I was considering adding scenery etc, but after your faults I think I will give this a miss.

Best wishes with your re install, I hope it all works well for you my friend.

George
😀 😀 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Corgi wrote:

Hi Greekman

I'm saddened by your dilema, but I am absolutely delighted that you are now back in the air.

I was considering adding scenery etc, but after your faults I think I will give this a miss.

Best wishes with your re install, I hope it all works well for you my friend.

George
😀 😀 😀

Well dear George the only think i can suggest is to be careful and always making back ups before you install something(as the experts of this site suggest me Bow Down )
I have made a back up folder of all my FS files after installation and before i install any of my add-ons,so i have a clear copy now just in case of something goes wrong.
Its a good ,in my humble opinion,way cause you have a second folder to compare with these we put remove or change things.And it is always there just in case something goes wrong.Just a simple copy to the mess files and its all fixed. 😉
I have tried it to see if it works.After the installation and the back up i delete all the files from fs folder and replace them with the back up ones(i know that it sounds stupid put i did it just in case)and it works great...

😉

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

You should back up files before making changes, notice I said you should. I'm guilty of not doing that, I guess I'm the adventuresome type.

I have tried very few (only a couple I think) add on scenery files and didn't like the ones I tried. I have downloaded my share of planes and never had one cause me any serious problems. I keep very few of the ones I download, but not because of problems. Often they just don't meet my expectations.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Often they just don't meet my expectations

It has happens to me too...more than once Crying or Very sad

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Greekman72 wrote:

Im on the air again... Group Wave

😉

Good to hear Greekman... what are you flying these days? Stealthbombers? I entered hellenic airspace last night under the cover of darkness but despite all of my radars being fully operational I wasn't able to catch a glimpse of you. Good disguise Ninja

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

😂 😂 😂

Since i reset FSP too,i had te start flying again with the lovely Mooney....So i guess that you pass beside me but you jusst dont notice me... 😉

Pro Member First Officer
Corgi First Officer

Hi Greekman

Thanks for your advice, I think I'll take the safe option and stick with what I've got at the moment.

Happy Flying

Regards

George

🍻

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

I catch the guilty Punk

I have download the following file ➡

perfsky.zip

Its an add-on that makes better the sky textures.
Except the fact that the only thing that helps is my system to crash i didnt notice any special improvment.

To be clear im not accusing the site neither the add-on.I have download a lot of things from this site and dont have problems.
Maybe the compination with something else cause this specific problem.
I dont want people to avoid use it or to be offended to the specific site.
I just place the caution of my problem.

Thanks a lot and sorry for digging up an old story. 😉