Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

*Coming soon The Spartan!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Coming soon The Spartan!

This is another FREE aircraft from Milton Shupe who built the Howard amongst others. In a few day's?
http://www.flightsimonline.com/spartan/

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Very nice looking aircraft Thumbs Up!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

99jolegg wrote:

Great Craft RadarMan. Thumbs Up!

We have to visit the link in order to see when it will be ready?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Greekman72 wrote:

99jolegg wrote:

That'll be one way, but I assure you I'll be waiting for it and I'll post it unless you beat me to it. Tomato

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

RadarMan wrote:

Greekman72 wrote:

99jolegg wrote:

That'll be one way, but I assure you I'll be waiting for it and I'll post it unless you beat me to it. Tomato

Radar

We will beat you anyway... Wink Wink Wink Laughing

I ll keep it on mind too RadarMan.I want this craft. Love

Thanks a lot again. Thumbs Up!

Pro Member First Officer
lkw First Officer

Great!!!!! my mouse finger is twitchen to download. Laughing

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

RadarMan wrote:

Coming soon The Spartan!

This is another FREE aircraft from Milton Shupe who built the Howard amongst others. In a few day's?
http://www.flightsimonline.com/spartan/

Radar

I don't seem to get any result following this link - been trying for several hours now... Any ideas? Hack

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

It's working now, just keep trying. The aircraft should be out in a few days.
It's the only place to see it for now.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Got it now, thanks. This is one impressive looking aircraft. one of the best looking VCs I've seen in a long time. Nice touch with the notebook (Flight Simulator 1937) and the packet of Gauloise... aahhh.. french cigarettes... smoking was still harmless in those days Whistle

Pro Member Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Great find RM, looks beautiful! Smile

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

cheekytrolly wrote:

Great find RM, looks beautiful! Smile

Nice new sig Cheeky... Laughing Laughing Laughing

Pro Member First Officer
KenTel First Officer

THAT is very nice, methinks the net will be rather busy when that becomes available. I'm in the queue.

Thanks for the pointer RM!

Clapping Clapping Clapping Clapping Clapping Clapping

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

January 21 is the release date... just read it Read The site seems to be down at the moment...

A few more hours perhaps? Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

The site seems to be up and still the 21st. Whistle

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Dunno if anyone has linked it yet, but I found on avsim here:

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=The+Spartan+Executive+7w&CatID=fs2004ac&Go=Search

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain
Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

I have a question about this beauty.
Am i the only one which have difficulties to turn it while taxing?And i have to turn my stick to the opposite direction from this i want to turn.Am i doing something wrong.
I let you know that i know about the Shift+G option in order to turn the tailwheel.
I dont face up to this problem with my other Taildraggers.

Pro Member First Officer
john (verygom) First Officer

I have no problems with this one - spins on a sixpence (or should that be a dracma??) with differential brakes/throttle; and taxis smoothly. I do n't use the shift + G option (probably costs me with tyre wear!)

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

yes! i couldn't taxi it, but then i just used the diff. brakes instead - it's harder, but you can do it!

Pro Member Captain
Dave Copeland (davec) Captain

Avsim have today advised of Updated Manual/Check List for the Spartan in PDF format - it includes advice on how to taxi.
-
http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=80424&CatID=fs2004misc

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Thank you vey much guys for your infos and especially you dear Dave C for let us know the Updated Manual/Check List. Thumbs Up!

Pro Member Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Am i the only one which have difficulties to turn it while taxing?And i have to turn my stick to the opposite direction from this i want to turn

I guess you guys didn't read the read me file that says:

If you do not have rudder pedals and wish to have a steerable tailwheel, change the aircraft.cfg Contact point 0 as noted there. (Use Notepad to edit)

And did you just say "turn my stick to the opposite direction" ??? When taxing a aircraft on the ground, you use the rudder! (Num 0 and Num Enter) not the joystick Shocked

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Really???Shocked
I didnt knew it cause all of my crafts(but all)are turning with my Joystick Cheeky,so why i have to use rudder?
As about the cfg.editing file i knew it cause i also did this to Howard 500,to Grumman Goose etc. Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Really???
I didnt knew it cause all of my crafts(but all)are turning with my Joystick Cheeky,so why i have to use rudder?
As about the cfg.editing file i knew it cause i also did this to Howard 500,to Grumman Goose etc.

Yes definitely!
My joystick controls both X and Y axis' with the X being the ailerons and the Y being the elevators.

The rudder is assigned to the 'Z' axis which is controlled by the NUMPAD on my keyboard.

BTW, I also knew about editing the tailwheel in the .cfg because I did it ages ago to the default DC-3 Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

BTW, I also knew about editing the tailwheel in the .cfg because I did it ages ago to the default DC-3

I was more than sure about it Dear Cheeky cause you seem(and your are)more familiar than me with FS world Wink

Cheers!

Pro Member Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

I was more than sure about it Dear Cheeky cause you seem(and your are)more familiar than me with FS world

Haha, thanks for the compiment Greekman my friend, but I dought I am more knowlagable than you, and alot of the other members here. Wink One of the reasons I joined this website was to get advice and info on the game as there is so, so much to learn! Laughing Thats what keeps it exciting- discovering new things all the time

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Thats what keeps it exciting- discovering new things all the time

Same reason for me Cheeky Wink .
I have to admit that before land on Fly Away(7 months ago) i had no idea what FS could offer and how much knowledge excists around it.
People here ,including you, show me the way to the great FS world. Wink (and not only)
If you are knowledge hungry ,Fly Away is the ideal place to visit...and to stay. Exclamation

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

there's a review on flightsim.com, and they use a real nice paint - just raw metal, and i thought i'd download as i can;t be arsedto do it msyelf - but i can't find it grr!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

davec wrote:

Avsim have today advised of Updated Manual/Check List for the Spartan in PDF format - it includes advice on how to taxi.
-
http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=80424&CatID=fs2004misc

Maybe you mean this(ThankS to Mr Dave C)Its a few posts above and it contains this great repaint Arrow