ATC trying to exact revenge?

Pro Member First Officer
Jason Melancon (Mithheru) First Officer

Do the guys at Sea-Tac have something against me? That Alaska flight is close enough that I could likely see the peoples' expression of fear and they'd be able to seen mine if this was in real life. Take notice that ATC is telling him to turn left! If I had been a few seconds slower I'd be inside that aircraft; and not the way I'd want to be either. We were both flying at 5,000 so we would have hit if I had been a bit slower.

I then saw this same plane a couple of minutes later as I was getting ready to turn left to line up for landing. He passed even closer then.

And then this morning I saw another plane casually flying IN FRONT OF ME from left to right as I was approaching CYVR (Vancouver).

I'm racking up quite a few close calls here, don't you think?

Answers 20 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
lkw First Officer

Change to spot view and check that the textures didn't go to invisable. 🙂 ROFL

Pro Member First Officer
ARD-DC First Officer

you definately must have ticked off a controller at some point. What'd you do, block his runway for a while or something?

Nice shot btw Wink

Pro Member First Officer
jelami First Officer

I asked the ATC, and he bet me one of his beers they would have been long gone before you got there. Besides, it's not close unless you have to raise the gear to get by them.

Pro Member First Officer

That's more than close enough for me. If I can see the markings on the aircraft in good detail then that's too close.

As for the ATCs, maybe they don't like it when I'm always 'appearing' at runway 34R and take off right away without uttering a word to them. Or maybe it's because I'm usually taking off from SeaTac to go fly around the Snoqualmie Valley area instead of taking off from some place closer like Fall City.

One day when I figure out AFCAD and that other stuff I'll work on building North Bend (or SnoValley) Municipal. There seems to be a good spot east of town for it.

Either way, they better watch it. I'm carrying passengers now and I don't think it would look good on their record that they killed several innocent people just because they don't like the pilot. 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

How on earth...??? I love it ❗ ❗

A close call indeed 😀

Nero89 Guest

Thats not a close call! that wouldve actually been a crash! Fear Fear

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

Oh my God! Look at that! Fear

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Nero89 wrote:

Thats not a close call! that wouldve actually been a crash!

Negative. - Obviously the camera man lived to tell the tale ROFL

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

There are a few curious things about that photo. First you can see detail inside the a/c and yet the sky is not terribly overexposed. Second, the depth of field seems to go from a few inches to infinity. That would require a very high f-stop which again, would render the interior of the a/c almost black and require a slow shutter speed which would render everything blurry.

My conclusion is that the photo is a composite of two pictures.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

I have to agree with Crash.If we look more careful we will notice somothing mirroring in the belly of the craft....mirroring?from where??? 😳

Pro Member First Officer
jelami First Officer

Hey, I took that picture myself Hack

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

jelami wrote:

Hey, I took that picture myself Hack

Ahhhh...so this is you mirroring in the craft...OK...now its clear.... 👍 😂 😉

Pro Member First Officer

I think I know what's being mirrored on that aircraft. If it is what I think it looks like, then what is it doing up there with those two planes?

I will say what I think it is if asked...and after I remember what it's called. 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Mithheru wrote:

I think I know what's being mirrored on that aircraft. If it is what I think it looks like, then what is it doing up there with those two planes?

I will say what I think it is if asked...and after I remember what it's called. 😂

Well since you like to asked.... Dont Know 😉

❓ ❓ ❓

Pro Member Captain
Sean (SeanGa) Captain

you can see the runway mirrored in the a/c I think

Pro Member First Officer

Greekman72 wrote:

❓ ❓ ❓

Don't mind me, I'm Cajun. 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain

Resized to 400%, it is clearly obvious that the plane has been superimposed on an underlying photograph. You can see artifacts that don't surround anything else in the photo, yet they surround the "oncoming" plane.

I stand by my original assesment. The photo is a composite.

Pro Member First Officer
jelami First Officer

Well, i think that your icon may not be real......... 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain

jelami wrote:

Well, i think that your icon may not be real......... 😂

Real what? ROFL

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Mithheru wrote:

Greekman72 wrote:

❓ ❓ ❓

Don't mind me, I'm Cajun. 😀

😂 😂 😂

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...