Fly Away Simulation

Search for Downloads

Use this form to search for downloads and addons including aircraft, scenery and more.

Search entire site

Use this form to perform a site-wide search for forum posts, news and reviews and videos.

SearchSearch 

Any information?

Pro Member Chief Captain
crosscheck9 Chief Captain

Does anybody know what sort of Navigation or ATC improvements are made in FSX? I only ask seeing as how it seems Microsoft is releasing some information early.

Have you ever had that feeling, where everything just seems right, and you have no cares in the world..As if heaven smiled down upon you, and told you everything was going to be ok?

Yea, neither have I

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Read this over, it covers some of the new parts of FSX.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
crosscheck9 Chief Captain

Great link Radarman, thanks. I'll try and stay updated through the MS website, and various secondary informataries. THanks

Have you ever had that feeling, where everything just seems right, and you have no cares in the world..As if heaven smiled down upon you, and told you everything was going to be ok?

Yea, neither have I

BashDaBish Guest

Excellent link and excellent read.

I am looking forward to this. I have just upgraded my machine and I am currently getting very similar quality to those shown in the screenshots.

Just FYI in case you ask me.

Athlon64bit 3000+ sckt939
SATA2 160gb Samsung HD (reads data to and from HD at 3.0gb/s as opposed to 1.5gb/s on SATA1)
PCI-E Radeon x800GTO 256mb DDR
1Gb DDR

Enough for now and fully upgradable so that I can add another SATA2 HD in future for Raid and another PCI-E Radeon card for dual SLI.

So, I should be in good shape for the future release.....we'll see.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

BashDaBish,

When you go to Windows Vista you'll have to put in more ram. WVista uses 512mb for itself, unlike the 128mb that XP uses. $$$$$

Radar

BashDaBish Guest

The 1gb RAM I have got is more than enough but I agree, more is better.

XP with 128mb hardly even moves
XP with 256mb just moves
XP with 512mb ticks along
XP with 1gb rocks
XP with 2gb fly's

Vista would not be an option for me in it's early stages.....too many driver issues just like there is now with Windows 64bit edition. By the time I make the Vista leap I shall have a damn sight more memory.