Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

New Flyaway forum section?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Michael Thomas (SteveT) Chief Captain

Hello guys

I was wondering wether it would be a good idea to have a new subject to post in. I was thinking of having one for FS Passengers so people can post their own flight reports in it and then people can comment on how they did. I think that this would be a really good idea to share and expand our flying skills here at flyaway.

Please let me know what you think.

SteveT

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

It sounds like a good idea, but I think forums should be for topics or subjects that will have high demand and will exist for a long time, such as the General Forum, Off-Topic forum etc etc. I would have said that an FsPassengers forum, would have fairly high demand at the beginning, but then as time wore on, it would lose popularity and the forum would become abandoned, especially if FsP isn't compatible with FSX and if another version of FsP came out. I would suggest a post (similar to the Screenshot post) where everyone can post their flight reports and then if it is extremely popular, it could be made a Sticky post, but I don't think it deserves a forum of its own, but it is still a nice idea.

Just my opinion Wink

Cheers!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Michael Thomas (SteveT) Chief Captain

i can see your point but take some other forum subjects like hardware forum etc.. and the ones tht people don't use anymore alot - i think that fsp would be a lot more popular and will last for a very long time especially if it will work on FS X.

Other people please feel free to post you thoughts

Pro Member Captain
Sam (SamIntel) Captain

99jolegg wrote:

It sounds like a good idea, but I think forums should be for topics or subjects that will have high demand and will exist for a long time, such as the General Forum, Off-Topic forum etc etc. I would have said that an FsPassengers forum, would have fairly high demand at the beginning, but then as time wore on, it would lose popularity and the forum would become abandoned, especially if FsP isn't compatible with FSX and if another version of FsP came out. I would suggest a post (similar to the Screenshot post) where everyone can post their flight reports and then if it is extremely popular, it could be made a Sticky post, but I don't think it deserves a forum of its own, but it is still a nice idea.

Just my opinion Wink

Cheers!

I agree, no need for another section, but a sticky to post them in might be nice.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

I find it great as an idea but stickys and new topics here are very difficult to create... Dont Know