Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Instrument Panel

Pro Member First Officer
Aldeeb First Officer

I may be imagining things but the instrument on the panel of my Cessna 172 seem to have changed shape and the ratio of height to width appears to have altered, giving them a slightly oval shape.

Am I right in thinking that this is probably nothing to do with FS but more likely is my screen? I have a 17inch TFT flat screen.

I noticed on somebody else's screen, using a pc that wasn't really up to FS, that his dials also were more oval than round. At the time I thought this might have been due to lack of performance as it was also impossible to get full screen display. But now I am wondering, does anybody have any thoughts?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

You can adjust all the panels size by putting the pointer to the edge of it.When the arrows appears ,left click and draw the pointer and you will see the shape changing.(up,down-left,right)

Wink

Pro Member First Officer
Aldeeb First Officer

Ah, that it explains it - I must have accidentally touched the screen at that point and caused a shape change.

Thanks for the tip.
rgds Mike (alias Aldeeb)

madbrit Guest

If you have FSUIPC there is an option to stop the screen accidently being re-sized or re-positioned.

Pro Member First Officer
Aldeeb First Officer

Help! Never heard that one - what is it?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Everything you need to know about FSUIPC you'll find here Arrow http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html
Wink

Pro Member First Officer
Aldeeb First Officer

Thanks for the tip - it looks pretty comprehensive and interesting.

Guest Ed Guest

I like to resize some of the "pop-up" controls on the panel, like the throttle quadrant, radio, and GPS, so that I can keep them open and still see all the other controls I need. I usually park the GPS down in a corner, so I can always have the information available.

Ed

Pro Member First Officer
Aldeeb First Officer

Ed - Noted and agree it's often very handy to do this or you tend to run out of hands when things get a bit frenetic.

For calmness and uncomplication I tend to relax with the DH Tiger Moth or Piper Cub. Many of the downloads don't have all the instrumentation to rearrange and then it truly is "seat of the pants"!

I think two of the hairiest I have met so far have been the Vickers "Viking" and the Scottish Aviation "Twin Pioneer" - the first handles as though it really doesn't want to fly whilst the latter is prone to falling out of the sky on finals if you throttle down too much!

Mike