Request advise on installing AI traffic

Pro Member First Officer
ARD-DC First Officer

Hello everyone,

I am hoping any one of you could give me some pointers in the issue I am having with AI traffic.
I've been struggeling all weekend trying to install some AI Aardvark planes, and eventhough I was up until 3am this morning searching, reading, modifying and retrying I can't seem to find my mistake.

I've downloaded and tried several base models but let me use this one as example.
I've taken the Boeing 737-700 (winglets) out of this package, with KQA livery which was as I understand designed for the B733 winglet.

I've created the folder "AIA_737_700_winglet" in my Aircraft folder,
with inside it the folders "model.no_refl" and "model.reflective" both containing aia_737_700_w.mdl and model.cfg. Then I have the "texture.Kenya_w" folder with two bitmaps.
There's no sound folder but I have not seen any site that mentions this is required.
In the main "AIA_737_700_winglet" folder there's the .air file and the aircraft.cfg.
The Cfg file has
[fltsim.0]
title=AIA Boeing B737 Kenya Airways
sim=AIA_737_700_winglet
model=no_refl
panel=
sound=
texture=Kenya_w
atc_id=KQA-01
atc_airline=KLM
atc_flight_number=505
ui_manufacturer=Boeing
ui_type=Boeing 737-700
ui_variation=Kenya Airways
description=AI Aardvark 737-700 ::: painted by Federico Permutti
atc_id_color=0000000000
visual_damage=0

Now I decompiled the Traffic_PAI.bgl file using Ttools 2.02, and added these lines (and made sure that I didn't put any commas, periods etc. at the end of a line, just a return):

in Aircraft_PAI.txt:
AC#61,477,"AIA Boeing B737 Kenya Airways"
in Flightplans_PAI.txt:
AC#61,KQA-01,73%,24Hr,IFR,09:31:00,10:34:43,240,F,1481,EGPF,15:05:00,16:08:43,240,F,1480,EHAM

recompiled the bgl file and restarted FS9, but the plane refuses to appear at EHAM@ 09:31:00 GMT.

I am at a loss I am afraid, it appears to me that whatever tutorial / manual I read (Aardvark, Ttools, other party's website / guide re. AI a/c installation), I seem to have taken all described steps but alas, no luck.

Would anyone have any instructions as to what I am missing?
Any suggestions anyone might have will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Ardjan

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

It's three short pages but I think it will help.

Good luck and let us know how it worked out.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
ARD-DC First Officer

Great, thanks for the link.
I've read all of it and I did find one thing I've done different from this example.

As soon as I've completed my current flight (88 more nm) I'll try it out.

Will post back with the results, thanks again.

Pro Member First Officer
ARD-DC First Officer

It has put me on the right track; I didnt have the [sim=] var refer to the .air file but to the a/c path. I could have sworn I read somewhere that was how it should be done, but coming to think of it that indeed doesnt make much sense.

Thanks so much for the help RM, you're a legend! Punk

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Glad it helped. It's one of the better tutorial sites.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
ARD-DC First Officer

Just wanting to thank everyone for the help knowingly or unknowingly given on this site, I've just finished testing some 40+ AI a/c I added manually, was a lot of reading and reseach involved before I figured out the do's and dont's, but I was pretty excited when the last setup I tried looked like this!
I know it's just a bunch of AI planes, but I was thrilled nonetheless Wink

Couldn't have done it without this forum!

Pro Member First Officer
Corgi First Officer

Hi ARD-DC

I agree with your comments, this site is superb.

Well done everyone... 👏

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...