Pilots Questions.

Duh-Dune Guest

Just a few questions...

When I go to ATC, I try to get taxi'd out onto the run way. I turn on the Progressive Taxi, but nothing happens. DO i taxi Myself?

Also, Can someone tell me how Virtual Airlines work?

AND! How do I get passengers/Troups/Cargo onto my plane?

Please help my noobish ass... Crying or Very sad

Answers 13 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

In a way, you taxi yourself, what you have to do is press CTRL+S to get a top down view, you'll see a pink dotted line, follow that.

Don't know much bout virtual airlines, but in order to get passengers and stuff on there, you gotta use your imagination...set the fuel and payload payload for the total weight of those passengers, then after you set a flight plan, pick a departure time, and set your virtual clock about 5-10 min earlier than your planned departure, and sit there with your main door open SHIFT+E for 5-10 min...

Happy Flying!

Pro Member Trainee
watersprite Trainee

Duh-Dune wrote:

When I go to ATC, I try to get taxi'd out onto the run way. I turn on the Progressive Taxi, but nothing happens. DO i taxi Myself?

Hi Dah-Dune,

I don't have much experience with your other questions, but I'll try to fake my way through this one.

What to you mean by "nothing happens"? If you mean that you don't see the Progressive Taxi "lights" on the taxiway in front of you, have you tried going into "Spot" view to see if the Progressive Taxi lights are behind your aircraft...wanting you to turn around and go the other direction?

If, on the other hand, you mean that you can see the Progressive Taxi lights ahead of you, but nothing else happens, that's normal. Progressive Taxi doesn't magically pull your plane along...you have to do the actual taxiing. The "purple brick road" is only there to guide you as you taxi to where you want to go.

Taxi slowly, and use the rudder and differential braking for precise turning.

I hope this helps!

duh-dune Guest

hey guys, thanks alot. How fast should I be going while I taxi myself?

Oh, and is there a way that I can leave a smoke trail behind my plane? ANd Im also wondering, Should I buy a joystick....or take the keyboard handling like a man 😕

Thnx again

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Smoke, if it is loaded into your "effects folder" just press the "I" key and you should see smoke.
By the way press the "O" and the "L" key's for lights on the aircraft.

Every aircraft has a different takeoff speed, you usually can read about it in the read-me that comes with the download.

Get a joystick you'll enjoy the Sim much more. here is a short discussion about some.
https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/985/i-need-advice-with-buying-joystick-for-fs-2004/

Pro Member Trainee
watersprite Trainee

duh-dune wrote:

hey guys, thanks alot. How fast should I be going while I taxi myself?

Oh, and is there a way that I can leave a smoke trail behind my plane? ANd Im also wondering, Should I buy a joystick....or take the keyboard handling like a man 😕

Thnx again

You don't want to taxi very quickly...especially when you're turning! If a simulated aircraft is modeled well, it won't respond very well to attempts at turning while traveling too fast.

About controllers:

If you're flying a plane that would normally use a stick, then a joystick is nice. If you're flying a plane that would normally use a yoke and pedals, then these are the most appropriate.

I have three controllers...a joystick (with twisting handle for rudder control), and CH USB yoke and pro pedals. [small edit here: since I got my yoke and pedals, even if I'm using the stick for a certain plane, I can also use the rudder pedals instead of the twisting handle on the joystick for rudder control] Most of the planes I like to fly in the simulator use a yoke and pedals in their "real life" counterparts, so that's what I use with the sim. I really like the degree of control I have with the yoke and pedals! I only use the joystick for those few planes I have that use a "stick" in real life.

If you do become interested in the CH yoke and pedals, I definitely recommend the USB yoke with the throttle, prop, and fuel mixture levers. Also, I recommend the USB "Pro" pedals, because these control both rudder and differential braking (fore/aft movement for rudder, and "toe pivoting" for differential braking).

duh-dune Guest

where can I get the smoke effect at? Also, I cant get the cargo door to drop on my 737 😕 Maybe its not supposed to, but I dunno. Im also having problems getting my autopilot to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,
DuH-DuNe

duh-dune Guest

Oh, and I am also wondering on how to upload planes. Ive read steps all over the place, but it always seems when I need something, I cant find it. Links would be great.

Thanks

Pro Member Trainee
watersprite Trainee

duh-dune wrote:

Oh, and I am also wondering on how to upload planes. Ive read steps all over the place, but it always seems when I need something, I cant find it. Links would be great.

Do you mean "download" instead of "upload"? Also...if you could be a little more specific than having read "steps all over the place", perhaps we could offer some specific ideas. 🙂

Also...just what do you mean by "when I need something, I can't find it"?

"Links" are often nice, but we need to know what you need links to. Wink

duh-dune Guest

Download=Smoke Effect
Upload=Planes to my game, so I can use em. Like Southwest, NorthWest, Ect..Ect.

Yeah, Im looking for links that tells me how to upload planes to my game, or whatever ya wanna call it.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

🙄 I forgot to sign in and I posted. Embarassed

This should help you with all of your keyboard questions.

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/723/fs-2004-key-command-list-printable/

As for downloading and installation read this one.

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/946/how-to-set-up-and-fly-downloaded-aircraft/

Any more questions, just ask, many here are willing to help.

dudun Guest

thanks alot man. anyone play multiplayer? it any good? Im looking to try it tonight if ya wanna fly, IM @ spriteremixthurr. Maybe show me some pointers or something, idk...peace

Pro Member Trainee
watersprite Trainee

duh-dune wrote:

Download=Smoke Effect
Upload=Planes to my game, so I can use em. Like Southwest, NorthWest, Ect..Ect.

Yeah, Im looking for links that tells me how to upload planes to my game, or whatever ya wanna call it.

Okay...now I see that by "upload", you mean "install". Smile
Usually, "upload" us a term used to describe sending some sort of file to a web site...like a plane designer "uploading" their plane to the "download" sites, or when you "upload" a screen shot to a site, etc.

In the "Aircraft" forum yesterday, I posted a message in the following thread about installing add-on planes...perhaps it will help:

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/1104/need-flight-simulator-2004-some-planes-add-on/

Installing different liveries for the planes you have is a different matter, and just as there are different ways to install various planes, there may be different ways to add a variety of liveries to the planes you already have. Usually, just as with the planes themselves, if you unzip the .zip file you downloaded, you'll find some sort of installation documentation (some sort of "readme"...though it might be called something slightly different for each package).

Regarding smoke effects: I've only recently begun to use this effect with one of my planes (the "Bandit" enhancement of the Dreamfleet Archer II). This particular enhancement kit came with its own smoke effects (a couple of "*.fx" files). I haven't tried any smoke effects with other planes, so I don't know if each plane needs its own smoke effects, or if you can use any smoke effect files that are in your ...fs9\effects folder.

Perhaps later, I'll fly another plane, and hit the "I" key to see if anything happens. 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

dudun wrote:

thanks alot man. anyone play multiplayer? it any good? Im looking to try it tonight if ya wanna fly, IM @ spriteremixthurr. Maybe show me some pointers or something, idk...peace

See if you can get someone to fly with you from here.
Thanks for asking but not tonight.

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/16/flight-simulator-2004-multiplayer/

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...