Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

RE-INSTALLING MS2004FS

Pro Member Trainee
minimax Trainee

😞 Hi, I was wondering if anyone can help me with the following...
Both my dad & I have legit copies of MS2004FS. Lucky him, he's bought a new PC to install his on. Its the upgrade version from the MS online update plus the magical no CD crack from here. Is there a way to transfer the update from the old PC to the new one or does it mean sitting through the boring download again? And will this mean contacting MS to reregister on another PC after the old one gets uninstalled? Any advice would be much appreciated...
max Embarassed

I'm not quite sure 100% what do you mean, but if you ask is it possible to copy installed game from old PC to new one, the naswer is no. Do you have installer of FS2004? Because it is the only way to have FS on your new PC...

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

I think that if you have not stored somewhere the installer of the update, you have to download it again... Dont Know
You can also copy the whole FS folder(the update one) and replace the other one.So you will move the update too.

Of course the safest is to get in the trouble and download the 9.1update patch.

Let us know the results if you are going to try something... 😉

minimax16 Guest

Thanks Chief Captain Greekman72,
Roger Wilco... ❗

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

minimax wrote:

... And will this mean contacting MS to reregister on another PC after the old one gets uninstalled?

A very appropriate question and one seldom asked.

My answer: I don't think so - and I hope not.

It wouldn't make any sense. Microsoft should have your details from the first time you registered FS. If you'd have to re-register because you're using another computer, then you'd have to re-register every time you re-format your HDD.
I've gone through both processes - have never re-registered - and the FBI hasn't knocked on my door yet
Ninja

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

What is registered...????

😂 😂 😂 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Greekman72 wrote:

😂 😂 😂 😉

When you first load the sim it asks you to register it with MS by giving the key number found on the back of the "wallet" holding the 4 disks.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

RadarMan wrote:

Greekman72 wrote:

😂 😂 😂 😉

When you first load the sim it asks you to register it with MS by giving the key number found on the back of the "wallet" holding the 4 disks.

Radar

Looks to me like Greekman was pulling your leg RM Idea

Pro Member Trainee
minimax Trainee

Hello, everyone, thanks all for your assistance. We are up and running on the new machine a few glitches along the way but they are sorted.
MS advised that "you must ensure you uninstall from one machine before loading it on the other"... Which is done.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Thanks for letting us know too 👍