Flight Crew Meals

Pro Member Captain
Kareem El-Sadi (crosscheck9) Captain

If you all don't mind, I'd like to ask, is it true that the pilot and copilot are obliged to eat different meals aboard a flight, in order to avoid risk of them both getting an infection. What if all they serve on that flight is meat products, and one of them happens to be a vegetarian. Sorry if you find this completely unrelated to the sim - Just wanted a few answers.

Answers 14 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

I dont know if its true or not but anyway it make sense 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

I would say they wouldn't. As far as I know, pilots will eat the same as everyone else. It is unlikely that food will become spoilt, and an aircraft full of passengers become ill. I'm also fairly sure that pilots eat First Class food if it is a long haul flight, and it doesn't go through a different process to that of economy food etc so I would probably say no they don't, but could of course be wrong. On a flight, they won't have just meat meals, there will always be a vegetarian meal hanging around 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

99jolegg wrote:

there will always be a vegetarian meal hanging around 😉

Umm... But how long has it been hanging around Puke Up

I always thought pilots had to have different meals to each other. Dont Know

Anyway talking of inflight food 🙄 here is a site about it and it says that they have the same meals as the pax ➡

http://www.airlinemeals.net/index.php

How does your favorite airline do ❓ 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

Imagine the passenger hearing:
''This is your captain speakink,we wish you a good lunch aboard our flyaway airlines airbus a-330 200.We will_hey,i wanted lobster!oh mmm sorry for that.Anyway,our cruise altitude is of_no no no he's vegetarian,oh,ummmm sorry.We will be flying at 12,000 metres altiude and a speed of approximatley_aaah the juice get a napkin,quick,aaaah not the dials help help fire,get the extinguisher fast!Well,anyway have a good meal,better than ours!'' ''Oh and please don't squirt any lobster juice on the television screens.''
And a friend of my dad is a 1 star michelin(6 normal stars!!!) cook on board emirates! 😉 😀

Pro Member Captain
Bindolaf Captain

Well, usually food poisoning takes 3-6 hours to set in. By that time the flight should be over. On long hauls there is a second crew, someone will have it better - what the heck 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

If someone wants to eat an scecific type of meal they have to tell the check-in staff about it.

I don't think pilots eat the same meal as the passengers. If chicken happens to be poisoned, and the pilots chooses to eat chicken too. Do they get poisoned? What will happen to the aircraft...? I don't want to think about it.

By the way, TTT, my favorite airline is not on the list 😕

😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Are you sure its not on the list 😳

Click the alphabet tab and scroll down ➡

http://www.airlinemeals.net/index.php

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

Ohh, I know why it wasn't showing on the list. For some reason it didn't load everything so a few airlines were there. Probably an internet connection problem.

Now I see it! 😀 This is awesome 😉

Last edited by Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) on Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

Agus0404 wrote:

Ohh, I know why it wasn't showing on the list. For some reason it didn't load everything so a few airlines were there. Probably and internet connection problem.

Now I see it! 😀 This is awesome 😉

I seemed to have the same problem Agus, although everything is now working smoothly once again. 😉

Thanks for the interesting link TTT. 👍

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

👏 What a great link, good find!

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

Bindolaf wrote:

Well, usually food poisoning takes 3-6 hours to set in. By that time the flight should be over. On long hauls there is a second crew, someone will have it better - what the heck 😂

That's when the stewardess ask's the 2 year old if he want's to fly 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

crosscheck9 wrote:

If you all don't mind, I'd like to ask, is it true that the pilot and copilot are obliged to eat different meals aboard a flight, in order to avoid risk of them both getting an infection. What if all they serve on that flight is meat products, and one of them happens to be a vegetarian. Sorry if you find this completely unrelated to the sim - Just wanted a few answers.

I believe I heard somewhere that they were required to eat different meals to avoid the possibility of both getting food poisoning. As far as what happens if one is a vegetarian, I believe most airlines that serve meals, have vegetarian meals available.

As far as the question not being related to FS, this is the off topic forum, so it is the right place to ask the question. 😀

Pro Member Captain
Kareem El-Sadi (crosscheck9) Captain

I see - Thank you all for your answers. I guess that they do eat different meals, but that can be diffiult if they both want the same thing - Oh well, I guess they just have to fight it out 😛

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

I was wrong. In the link below, it says this:

Q:
(6) What sort of food is served to you on board? I heard that your food is different from passengers just in case there is sabotage ….is that true?

A:
6. It is true that pilots' meals are different from those served to the passengers.

The question was answered by a captain of an airline 😉 A very interesting read if anyone is interested

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...