Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

LOOONG APPROACH

Pro Member Chief Captain
Kareem El-Sadi (crosscheck9) Chief Captain

Hello all, currently on approach to Portland, Maine from Boston Logan, but they put me on a 55 mile approach. I just installed AIsmooth -- Could that be the problem? Anyways, it's taking too long, and I'm sure this is not standard. Any ideas?

Pro Member Chief Captain

Well, the approach stretched into 75 miles out and I quit. It was really frustrating, but does anyone have any idea as to what is causing this? I understand a few here have AIsmooth. If so, do you get the same results?

Pro Member First Officer
Jason Melancon (Mithheru) First Officer

I haven't noticed anything like that with AISmooth yet. I will fly that route later and see what happens. What aircraft did you use and what weather conditions?

Pro Member Chief Captain

NWA a319 -- Overcast from 700 ft to 3800 ft, and heavy cumulus clouds from 5700 to 7000. Winds were Moderate (16 KTS) at 268. Thanks for the help.

Pro Member First Officer

I got the same thing. 77 miles from KBOS. I think it's just something with FS2004 or maybe just with the way the airports are positioned. They have me landing at 4R. We'll see how well I do. I've taken off in Boeing and Airbus planes but haven't tried landing one yet.

Pro Member First Officer

I have landed my first Airbus! ATC forgot about me and I had to resubmit my IFR to Boston, but I made it. That was actually an easier landing than I've done in my Cessna Stationair 206.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

ATC does that to me sometimes, it's a glitch.

Just cancel the flightplan, whip your plane back round and do the ILS, visual, GPS or whatnot on your own.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Michael Thomas (SteveT) Chief Captain

I think tht you are right FEM - it's a glitch as i can actually remember it happening to me a couple of times Wink

TimTim Guest

Yeah once I was doing a short IFR flight from Dublin Intl, Ireland to London Stansted, UK. First after taking off at runway 28 in Dublin ATC twirrled me round on a heading that took me the Edinburgh direction. I thought this was fine, as they usually tell me to turn back down towards London. But I waited 5 minutes, 10 minutes and nothing.

So then I said "lets not listen to them" so I turned off towards London on my own without listening to ATC say nothing, and then "World Travel 9683AL, you are too far left, please turn to a heading of 050". This was the heading that they told me to go into in the first place. But then I said "oh look, they remembered me now, I will turn back and then they will lead me right again" so I did just that, but no, they still forgot, when I got to the other side of Britian, over the sea I just quit