New ? for all you Guru's out there!

Pro Member Trainee
deKoven Trainee

Okay, my Bush Pilot software last night from Abacus. Hmmm, I can't say that I'm truly impressed but then it is nice.

Along with the package came a sheet from Abacus touting a package called "EZ VFR" which is for placing the airport names on the scenery. Now, on the face of it, I'd really like to have something like this. I flew out of Anchorage, AK last night and after gaining some 1800 ft. circling over Anchorage I spotted no less than 6 airfields. There isn't ANY way to tell which one I'm looking at. ATC shows several fields but nothing shows what each field is named. And that's EXACTLY what EZ VFR is s'posed to do. Has anyone here used this s/w? How else do you tell which airfield you're looking at after running cross country for a couple hours? Unfamiliar territory and terrain, etc?

Haaallllllppppppppppp!!!!!

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
Jim Glockner (jimmyglockner) Trainee

deKoven, you ask a very good question. I solved the problem by purchasing FSNavigator.

The software is amazing. It tells you the airport ID, name, etc.

I highly recommend the software. No, I do not have stock in the company. lol.

Happy flying.

JimmyGlcokner

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

What an interesting idea, I like it.

http://www.abacuspub.com/fsd/catalog/s543.htm

When I first loaded FS9 I flew by compass only from Palm Springs to Las Vegas. After a set period of time I figured that I should be there but didn't see McClarran Field, so I found a small field and put down. After landing I found that I was at Henderson Nevada about 20 miles from McClarran, I just gave up too soon.
This software would have let me go on to my destination, cool!

Pro Member First Officer
Mason Gilliam (harleyman) First Officer

I downloaded five of their trial planes yesterday.....

Talked live with their tech folks,,really liked the people and their sight....Nice folks....very helpful and all that......

All of their planes bounced on the tarmac so bad I had to enable crashes...Finally,,when loading the last install to test ...

LOOK OUT....SYSTEM CRASH.....And with reprocussions......

It crashed windows so bad that I lost my abality to allow IP address to be configured.....SHI------- Hours on the phone ..........Same ol stuff we have all been thru....

Only to find out that it corrupted my Sat. Modum as well...Hours on the phone with them trying to force new software inton 6000 unit....

Finally.....Success.......Think I'll stay away from them now....Perhaps their Discs for sale are better...

I did look at that title,,and it looks good..Along with other goodies too.......

Some of their planes also have features that aren't there for use...Like Lights........Hmmmm...Wonder if this is just in the free downloades versions....??????

Pro Member Trainee
deKoven Trainee

jimmyglockner wrote:

deKoven, you ask a very good question. I solved the problem by purchasing FSNavigator ( http://www.fsnavigator.com/ ).

The software is amazing. It tells you the airport ID, name, etc.

I highly recommend the software. No, I do not have stock in the company. lol.

Happy flying.

JimmyGlcokner

Hmmmm, I bought FS Navigator also. Haven't even looked at it much because it takes over the whole screen and in some of the planes which are really skittish I have to see what's going on in the instant. I'll look at it again next time I fly from Anchorage. 😀

Pro Member First Officer
Arkydave First Officer

It doesn't have to take up the whole window. You can make it pop up as a small window that overlays the FS window. You can't get to all the functionality in this small window, but you can see where you are and get limited info out of it.
-- Dave

Pro Member Captain
Dave Copeland (davec) Captain

There is another way to establish the airport and ID - and it is one of the facilities built into FS9
Click on the Map icon on the panel - it will show the track of your aircraft with all the airports/fields in your immediate area click on the 'egg' you wish to know about and a dialogue box appears with a list which will contain 'Airport' as well as any DME's etc in the area. Highlight 'Airport' - click OK and you get a box with the airport's name and ID - also the elevation, communication fequencies, etc.
The map can be 'zoomed'

Or have I got the wrong end of the stick???

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...