Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

The Radarman Spartan

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

My new Spartan by DaveC, thank you very much for this custom beauty.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

haha that's awesome man. that plane really is cool.

Pro Member Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Thats awesome RM, thats one great looking plane you got there!

May I just ask what the significance of the bear on the fuselage is?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

cheekytrolly wrote:

Thats awesome RM, thats one great looking plane you got there!

May I just ask what the significance of the bear on the fuselage is?

He did do a great job, thanks.

The bear...read about it here.

It's the California state flag, it flies below the US Flag.

http://www.california.form-a-corp.com/californiastateinfo.htm

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Two things:

The textures look perfect.

If you can produce high-quality screenies like the ones above - why change your System? (I'm aware of the 40gig HDD). Umm...

Pro Member Captain
earthqu8kes Captain

CALIFORNIA ROCKS!!!!!!!!! yea!!!!!! Group Wave

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

Two things:

If you can produce high-quality screenies like the ones above - why change your System? (I'm aware of the 40gig HDD). Umm...

I have a 1.5 gig with 512mb rambus ram in a machine that will be 5 years old when FSX comes out as well as Windows Vista. Everything on this machine will be obsolete then.
It's a shame but that's life in the big city. Dont Know

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Well, that figures. I'd still wait with the upgrading bussiness though until just after the release of the new OS and FS.

The fact that your RAM are of the 'rambus' type seems to make a lot of difference. I remember those rambus were the latest craze when they appeared, but they seem to have vanished now.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

Well, that figures. I'd still wait with the upgrading bussiness though until just after the release of the new OS and FS.

The fact that your RAM are of the 'rambus' type seems to make a lot of difference. I remember those rambus were the latest craze when they appeared, but they seem to have vanished now.

Very expensive, but they had more "power" than anything else, that's why I bought it. This was the top of the line then, not any more.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

More powerful and very expensive, yes, that's what sticks to the mind.

The 'very expensive' being the reason why I gave them a wide berth Whistle

Pro Member Captain
Dave Copeland (davec) Captain

Tailhook wrote:

Two things:

Just a point of interest - there is a debate regarding processing the texture bmp files in DXT1 or in Extended 32 bit format. I produce all my textures in 32 bit format because of the better detail for screenshots.
DXT1 format renders faster in the 'Spot Plane' view and some people don't like to wait the few seconds more, that 32 bit format takes to render. Mind you - Radarman's wonderful system will probably produce magnificent screenshots and no waiting Laughing

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

This is a GREAT repaint dear Dave C. Bow Down Bow Down Bow Down

Pro Member Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

GREAT new sig there greekman Smile

By the way RM, what does the smaller writing spell underneath the bear, I can't make it out.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Michael Thomas (SteveT) Chief Captain

GREAT repaint there DaveC!! Cool

Group Wave Group Wave Group Wave Group Wave

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

I like it! Great repaint. You'll have to teach me how to do that. Smile

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

cheekytrolly wrote:

GREAT new sig there greekman Smile

By the way RM, what does the smaller writing spell underneath the bear, I can't make it out.

Didn't you click on the link I gave you before. It's the state flag and says (under the bear) "California Republic".

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

davec wrote:

Tailhook wrote:

Two things:

Just a point of interest - there is a debate regarding processing the texture bmp files in DXT1 or in Extended 32 bit format. I produce all my textures in 32 bit format because of the better detail for screenshots.
DXT1 format renders faster in the 'Spot Plane' view and some people don't like to wait the few seconds more, that 32 bit format takes to render. Mind you - Radarman's wonderful system will probably produce magnificent screenshots and no waiting Laughing

Thanks for the info Thumbs Up!

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

davec wrote:

i find it's just a case of only using DXT1 when necessary, ie when there aren't many colours or for small details. i use DXT1 on the landing gear textures etc because you just don't notice. if your exterior requires more than 256 colours (usually because i use shadows) then it has to be DXT3 - which isn't extended. but 16million colours all the same.