Fly Away Simulation
Your #1 Source for Flight Simulators!

Search for Downloads

Use this form to search for downloads and addons including aircraft, scenery and more.

Search entire site

Use this form to perform a site-wide search for forum posts, news and reviews and videos.

SearchSearch 

Flight Yoke

earthqu8kes
Captain
Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:00 am 

im wondering how many of u guys have the CH Products Flight Yoke. i have this and i wanted to no who had mine.
jelami
First Officer
First Officer

Pro Member

Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:05 am 

got it and love it
Thanks Mike
earthqu8kes
Captain
Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:09 am 

00000... and by the way i LOVE it!!! Clapping i give a 10!
CrashGordon
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:45 am 

I have it, the pedals and the throttle quadrant.. Excellent!
CrashGordon
CEO, Omega-Air Virtual airlines
WarHawk42
Captain
Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:46 am 

I have a great stick with the Saitek X-52, but I envy you guys with the CH setup. It's just a little too expensive for me to get the whole thing. Sad
earthqu8kes
Captain
Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:49 am 

i begged my parents for it for christmas. i got itbut i didnt get lots of other big stuff(only bmx outfit for racing)... not counting grandparents wich send u and ovewhelming number of things! lol.
CRJCapt
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:04 pm 

I have the CH Yoke, Throttle Quadrant and Pedals. I also use a Logitech Extreme 3D for aerobatics and helicopters.
Bindolaf
Captain
Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:37 pm 

So is it all better? The yoke with the jerky sticky movement? Is it all fixed? I'm interested because I am getting a yoke at some point.
"Remember son, knowing your way around the simulator does not mean you can fly".
CrashGordon
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:48 pm 

Bindolaf wrote:
So is it all better? The yoke with the jerky sticky movement? Is it all fixed? I'm interested because I am getting a yoke at some point.

The only thing jerky about mine is the person using it. Laughing

I've read accounts of jerkiness, but haven't encountered it.
CrashGordon
CrashGordon
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:53 pm 

CRJCapt wrote:
I have the CH Yoke, Throttle Quadrant and Pedals. I also use a Logitech Extreme 3D for aerobatics and helicopters.

Out of curiosity, do you have the yoke and joystick plugged in at the same time?

The reason I asked is that I foundthat I had some odd happenings with the quadrant throttles if I didn't unassign the throttle on the yoke. So I'm wondering if the same problem might exist if the joystick is plugged in.
CrashGordon
JTH
First Officer
First Officer

Pro Member

Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:31 pm 

I recently bought my CH Yoke and Rudder Pedals. Will be receiving them on Friday week.

If I like them (and I definately expect I will!) I'll probably add the throttle quadrant at some stage Cool
CRJCapt
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:27 pm 

I don't keep the yoke and the Joy stick connected at the same time. Sometimes they cause interference with the command signal. They are both USB so it's simple to change controllers. Smile
CrashGordon
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:31 pm 

CRJCapt wrote:
I don't keep the yoke and the Joy stick connected at the same time. Sometimes they cause interference with the command signal. They are both USB so it's simple to change controllers. Smile

Thanks, I had a hunch that was the case.
CrashGordon
Jamier
First Officer
First Officer

Pro Member

Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:42 pm 

How much am i looking at for the yoke and quadrant and pedals. and are the pedals for the rudder?

also are these products available to people in the UK?
earthqu8kes
Captain
Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:45 pm 

i wuld hope so as CH products is i think a european company.i'm not sure though.i got my yoke for $104.99 u.s. dollars at amazon.com. i dont have the pedals so i dont no
RadarMan
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:00 pm 

Jamier wrote:
How much am i looking at for the yoke and quadrant and pedals. and are the pedals for the rudder?

also are these products available to people in the UK?

Here are the yoke and pedals on Amazon-UK.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000056SPM/qid=1138135626/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl/202-1770721-9837446

Radar

CRJCapt
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:07 pm 

The pedals are for the Rudder and toe brakes. I recommend all three but they are a little pricey. If short on money but still want them, I suggest them in this priority:

1. Flight Yoke
2. Throttle Quadrant
3. Rudder Pedals
earthqu8kes
Captain
Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:22 pm 

i dont see y you need throttle quad cuz flight yoke comes with throttle, mixture, and prop. it only has on of each but it still works. i would get pedals next.
CRJCapt
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:15 pm 

True you don't need it. The Throttle Quadrant gives you the ability to control each engine throttle or thrust lever, propeller and mixture of a multi-engine aircraft independently. This is useful for engine failure procedures. It allows you to operate engines, props and mixtures more realistically on multi-engine aircraft. It also allows you to more realistically apply reverse thrust during landings with the thrust levers. It allows you to feather the propeller of the failed engine on propeller twin aircraft. It also gives you a lever to control flight spoilers. It also gives you six more double acting switches that you can program to do whatever you want. If you only fly single engine aircraft, I would agree, get the Yoke and the pedals and forget the Throttle Quadrant. All three make a useful set if you want to fly multi engine aircraft. Smile
Micah
Captain
Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:48 pm 

i have the ch yoke and pedals and could never fly without it! the day it gives up and stops working i will be rushing out to replace it immediately!! It gives you the most immersive flying experience ever, (and no i dont work for them!)

Micah Wink
jelami
First Officer
First Officer

Pro Member

Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:28 am 

You may (I said may) Wink clear up any conflict problems by which one you choose as the primary in your game controller set up. I have yoke and pedals, steering wheel and pedals and a game pad attached with no problem.
Thanks Mike
uzi121
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:12 pm 

I recently bought the saitek cyborg evo force flight stick. I am still finding it little difficult to control the aircraft in the learning lessons of fs2004. When trying to maintain a certain airspeed and pitch its difficult as the aircraft keeps going a little to far down or up. I dunno if its just me as im a beginner or would it be smethin to do with this stick ? can any1 help ?
WarHawk42
Captain
Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:28 pm 

uzi121 wrote:
I recently bought the saitek cyborg evo force flight stick. I am still finding it little difficult to control the aircraft in the learning lessons of fs2004. When trying to maintain a certain airspeed and pitch its difficult as the aircraft keeps going a little to far down or up. I dunno if its just me as im a beginner or would it be smethin to do with this stick ? can any1 help ?

You didn't say which lessons were giving you trouble, but if you are talking about turns it takes practice to properly coordinate the rudder, ailerons and elevator. If you are talking about straight and level flight have you trimmed the plane to fly level? I haven't used your stick so I can't comment on it, I do have the Saitek X-52 and it is very good.
CRJCapt
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:12 pm 

Welcome Uzi, Glad you could be with us here. Your joystick seems to be a good one. Some people have had problems with and/or don't like force feed back joysticks. Yours received good reviews. Try adjusting the joystick properties so that your pitch null zone is smaller. You can also decrease the sensitivity of the pitch axis. Do one adjustment at a time, see if it helps, before you adjust another parameter. Make sure you have Auto rudder checked in the aircraft properties area. Take the lessons and start with the Cessna 172. Take it slow, practice and soon you will be telling other people " Let me tell you how it's done". Smile

Since your new, here's some good links to ponder:

How to get Picture under your name-avatar
https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/10097/avatar/#59071

Uploading pictures
https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/11288/guide-to-upload-our-pics/#68640

Forum Rank system
https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/11081/forum-rankings/#67058

Free spell checker for posts
https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/10578/free-spell-checker-for-forum-posts/

Descent rate calculations
https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/10875/descending-rate/#65188

Flights-Kiosk mode
https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/10430/exciting-flight-simulator-flights/

Wikipedia-on-line answers about aviation subjects or anything else.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

Flt. simulator history website
http://fshistory.simflight.com/fsh/index.htm

Funny Video- Is this you
http://worteldrie.com/flash/emergency.swf

Using GPS to line up with a runway-good weather
https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/11522/gps-procedures-and-visual-approaches/#70490

Approach Guides
https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/8080/ils-approach-guide-tutorial/#44744
RadarMan
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:47 pm 

CRJCapt,
I hope you don't mind but I updated the ranks in your post.
Flyaway just changed Captain, It's now:
50 First Officer
150 Captain
500 Chief Captain

Radar

uzi121
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:51 am 

Thanks CRJ Capt for the advice and help. I will try that. I was having some trouble in most lessons when it came to holding a certain pitch and speed. What i want to know is with enough trim , would i be able to relax the joystick in its centre position whilst keeping the desired speed or pitch ?

Thanks once again
WarHawk42
Captain
Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:57 am 

uzi121 wrote:
Thanks CRJ Capt for the advice and help. I will try that. I was having some trouble in most lessons when it came to holding a certain pitch and speed. What i want to know is with enough trim , would i be able to relax the joystick in its centre position whilst keeping the desired speed or pitch ?

Thanks once again

That is what the trim is for, once you have reached your altitude and are at cruising speed, trim the airplane so that you don't have to do anything but center the stick to maintain. You will have to occasionally adjust the trim in small amounts but that is all.
CRJCapt
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:59 pm 

UZI: In level flight, Pitch controls altitude and power controls speed.
This relationship can and does change but to start out, think of them this way.
Smile

RadarMan: Thanks, I went back and changed it when I heard of the new numbers for promotion. Good thinking. Hope that the links didn't make the post too long. New people seem to all need similar info. I put some good links in and a few of my own(self promotion Very Happy ). I can change the content and/or the number.

WarHawk: Thanks, that was what I would have said. Good man. Smile
RadarMan
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 4:57 pm 

CRJCapt,
It's a good post, those links are very helpful to our new members, thanks.

Radar