Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Look At This!

Pro Member Captain
PanAmerican Captain

Take a look at the link provided. It talks about the A380 and Las Vegas.
http://www.lasvegassun.com/sunbin/stories/buisness/2006/jan/23/520008974.html

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

They like anyone in business are looking at the bottom line and the 380 doesn't make the cut.

I'll bet that in 15 years they will be set up for it but for now it seems the answer is a resounding no thanks.

If Airbus 380 want's to fly into Vegas they could make an offer $ to help but I think both will survive without the other.

Radar

Pro Member Captain
earthqu8kes Captain

its kinda sad that u wont be able watch a380's take off and land at mccarran. i satyed at circus circus once and i watched planes take off and land all night from the hotel room. iwe got got one with a view of the strip and mccarran. B E A Utiful....

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

So far, no airline has asked to bring an A380 to Las Vegas.

I'm not surprised. Last time I looked, most visitors to Vegas had at least some money in their pocket.

With enough clams to throw around, I wouldn't fly into Vegas on a cattle train, be it an A-380 or a B-747 for that matter. Very Happy

Pro Member Captain
PanAmerican Captain

I live about ten miles from KLAS, so I get to watch the planes come in on approach to McCarron. I once saw the An-225 come in. When I saw that come in I was like: "What the Heck is That!" I think if the A380 came in here I would say the same thing. If you read in the article you'll notice that there are plans to build an airport south of us. Where it's planned on is on a dry lake bed about five miles North of Primm. It's a great place. You have Buffalo Bill's there, so you would be able to watch the plane's on short final from your Hotel room and the Roller Coaster. If you get the chance got there!

Pro Member Captain
PanAmerican Captain

This might go a little off topic, but; Could you imagine waiting for your luggage after getting off the A380.

Pro Member Captain
earthqu8kes Captain

might finish a tom clancy novel while waiting for bggage. on the other hand, for the terminals to be big enough to handle the a380 it would take long enough to walk around then get the baggage. probably no just a joke. lol