Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Noticed this, And it's kinda strange

Pro Member Captain
PanAmerican Captain

I was watching AI traffic when I was at KLAS, and I focused my camera on an AI Dash8-100 coming in for landing. As I watched him a liitle more I noticed he was high on his approach, and instead of going around he pitched the nose down at about a 20 degree angle, hit nose first on the runway, all the wheels went underground, he then popped back up and landed. It was the strangest thing. Have you seen anything like it?

Pro Member First Officer
Jason Melancon (Mithheru) First Officer

I haven't seen anything like that yet, but I have watched a plane a couple of miles from the runway just 'driving' on the ground to the runway at KSEA. I can only guess that the computer dropped it's speed too low and the plane stalled because it was trying very hard to get back into the air.

Pro Member Captain
Micah Captain

is this real life or simulation?? i presume sim or deaths would have occured!! Scary!

Micah Wink

Pro Member First Officer
Jason Melancon (Mithheru) First Officer

My incident of watching the plane 'driving' was in FS2004 as was PanAmerican's I'm sure.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

By default, fs9 doesn't display crashes.

You can change this in 'Settings' - 'Realism'. Look for something like... "Crashes and Damage". Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

PanAmerican, what AI traffic package are you using?
Is it one you have put together yourself or is it a payware addon like Ultimate Traffic?
I use UT and have never experience anything like what ypu have described Confused

Pro Member Captain
PanAmerican Captain

It's the default AI Traffic

Pro Member Captain
Micah Captain

i have noticed that with all default and add-on traffic, all of the descent rates seem really sharp - dive of death comes to mind!!

Micah Wink