End of support for Windows 98 and Windows Me

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I thought that many of you with a second older computer might find this interesting, I did.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/support/endofsupport.mspx

Radar

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

We recommend that customers who are still running Windows 98 or Windows Me upgrade to a newer, more secure Microsoft operating system, such as Windows XP, as soon as possible.

They'll say that as soon as Vista comes out, and then again, after the newer version of Vista comes out 🙄

Thanks RM

🍻

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

As soon as they end support for the OS the weird ones of the world will start finding holes and writing viruses. They do that for all OS's and browsers if it's Windows, Mac, IE, Firefox, Opera etc.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Customers who upgrade to Windows XP report improved security, richer functionality, and increased productivity

I would agree with the claim of 'richer functionality'.

The only gripe I really have is the fact that MS are able to always determine the exact date when support for an OS is going to be terminated, but are unable to reveal the year when a new OS is going to be published.

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

Interesting article RM, thanks for the link. Looks like a good reason to upgrade to a new PC as our one would heardely run XP. 😂

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...