Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Suggestion for the website - Photo Gallery section

Pro Member First Officer
horrgakx First Officer

Hi - I'd like to suggest that when you go to a Photo Gallery the default listing order is Descending Date order. This way the newest entries will be at the top and you can easily check the new submissions.

Ta.

Dave

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

🤔 Interesting idea, but if you click on the "D" after date you can see the latest first.

Then you can enjoy all my new screen shots.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
horrgakx First Officer

Yeh I know you can re-sort the order, I'm just saying, it'll probably help if that is the DEFAULT display order.

D.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Dont Know Gotcha, I really don't know the reason why, my guess is that besides being easier to load new aircraft shots, after looking at the new shots you won't go back to the old.
Just a guess but I can see your point, new aircraft come out every day and we'd like to see them now not later.

Pro Member Site Admin
Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) Site Admin

Comments read guys - I'll see if I can re-code the script to show newest first. At the moment, its in order of hits - meaning the most popular are at the first - most popular meaning what people want to see... but if they are up front, they are going to be most popular anyway because they are the first thing people see... right?

I'll work on it 😉

Guest

flyaway wrote:

but if they are up front, they are going to be most popular anyway because they are the first thing people see... right?

LOL I see your point 🙂 Good to see that suggestions can be taken on board 🙂

D.

Pro Member Trainee
Michael Judah (compilots) Trainee

I am sure it is configurable! 😕
I am using coppermine and it has those option! Your gallery should have it too! (I THINK 😕 )

Pro Member First Officer
horrgakx First Officer

Back to the top

Dave



Last edited by horrgakx on Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member First Officer
horrgakx First Officer

Yup, back to the top. Can the default order be changed to DESCENDING DATE instead of most popular?

Dave

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Sort Media by: _NAME (A\D) Date (A\D) _RATING (A\D) _POPULARITY (A\D)
Media currently sorted by: Popularity (Most to Least Hits)

A= Ascending.

D= Descending.

There is a post above of dear RadarMan which shows the same thing.



Last edited by Greekman72 on Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

I think Dave wants the descending date to be changed so it is default, instead of seeing all of the same screenshots, from years ago, when you click on the Screenshot link 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

99jolegg wrote:

I think Dave wants the descending date to be changed so it is default, instead of seeing all of the same screenshots, from years ago, when you click on the Screenshot link 😉

I guess you are right Jon. Sorry for not get it right. Embarassed

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Greekman72 wrote:

99jolegg wrote:

I think Dave wants the descending date to be changed so it is default, instead of seeing all of the same screenshots, from years ago, when you click on the Screenshot link 😉

I guess you are right Jon. Sorry for not get it right. Embarassed

No need to apologise at all 🍻

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

99jolegg wrote:

Greekman72 wrote:

99jolegg wrote:

I think Dave wants the descending date to be changed so it is default, instead of seeing all of the same screenshots, from years ago, when you click on the Screenshot link 😉

I guess you are right Jon. Sorry for not get it right. Embarassed

No need to apologise at all 🍻

🍻

Pro Member First Officer
horrgakx First Officer

Exactly what I'm saying - I **KNOW** the order can be changed by clicking Ascending or Descending but it is the DEFAULT order which I'm suggesting is changed - as mentioned this is because all we see when the page fires up is old pictures that everyone has seen 30,255 times Wink

It would be nice to be presented with the most recent screenshots first by default. Which is why I used the word DEFAULT in my post.

🙄

All times are GMT Page 1 of 1

Related Questions