Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

I should have thought of this before...

Just called the bank and had them cancel the charge. FWIW, one day you people are going to steal from the wrong person.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Fine. You are now the poster child for eliminating anonymous posting to these forums.

Have a nice day.

Pro Member First Officer
Ed Reagle (edr1073) First Officer

CrashGordon,

This guy seems like a real jerkoff anyway. Patients works wonders. He posted earlier I guess somebody deleted his post cause I answered him because he was being so nasty.

Regards,

Pro Member Chief Captain

I'm not even sure he ever signed up for membership. That's the problem with anonymous posting. Anyone can post that he paid his $5, but that doesn't mean it is true.

Pro Member Captain
Bindolaf Captain

I for one am glad you cancelled and please don't come back for another 5 years. At 14 you may be mature enough.

Actually, I'm a bit older than 14. In my opinion, SCREW PATIENCE. I paid my money, I was told two days. Now if I had been told four days or four weeks or whatever, I'd have said screw this and we wouldn't be at this impasse. I am not one to be screwed over. Not for $5.00 or anything else. The thing that really facinates me is that you people treat this like the norm. You are ok with it. "OK, they said two days...took them two weeks...No Problem" I for one am obviously not cut from the same mold you people are. You tell me two days, I expect two days. If it's going to take you longer than two days, have the professional curtesy to advise me of that and why. You see it's more than just the "two day" thing. I also have a problem with their total lack of response to my queries after they have been paid. You accept this as the norm. I do not. I will not. I will keep pushing buttons until I push the right one. If I feel I am being screwed I will at the very least get SOME pleasure out of it and I'm certainly not going to just "stand silent and be patient" while the individual/s screwing me continue to do so. I hope that I have explained this in a mature manner. If you still don't understand, SCREW YOU.

Kevin D. Caldwell
KELI Communications Group
Detroit, MI

CrashGordon wrote:

I'm not even sure he ever signed up for membership. That's the problem with anonymous posting. Anyone can post that he paid his $5, but that doesn't mean it is true.

One more thing, CRASH, if I hadn't paid I really wouldn't give a (insert colorful metaphore)!!

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

Anonymous wrote:

Just called the bank and had them cancel the charge. FWIW, one day you people are going to steal from the wrong person.

These testimonials from satisfied customers are enough to make one cry. ROFL

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Good-bye ❗

Pro Member Chief Captain

WarHawk42 wrote:

Anonymous wrote:

These testimonials from satisfied customers are enough to make one cry. ROFL

I think it all started when we found out we could download software instead of waiting for it to be delivered to us my mail, UPS or FedEx.

I'm surprised I don't hear people saying, "Why should I have to press enter before getting <whatever>".

The truth is, this has happened enough times that it should be fixed.

What galls me is that there are so many infantile people who think the only way to solve things is to throw a tantrum.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

We have two threads going on here about the same thing and everyone is a guest, how are we supposed to know who we are talking to in each of the threads.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Its a problem(the registration method) that one way or another MUST be solved ASAP. ❗ ❗ ❗
I prefer to see all of them as members to ask for or to give knowledge than passing our door only for compainments.

All of these cries and threats spend servers space. 😉

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

[quote="CrashGordon"]

WarHawk42 wrote:

What galls me is that there are so many infantile people who think the only way to solve things is to throw a tantrum.

I think you made a three point landing with that statement.

If this were a business there might be some room for a complaint, but it's not a business. This is a site for like minded people to enjoy their hobby. If things don't happen instantly we realize there is no one 24/7 running this site and sometimes things don't get done as quickly as we would like.

Reasonable questions get reasonable answers on this site, tantrums don't.

Pro Member First Officer
Ed Reagle (edr1073) First Officer

Kevin D. Caldwell
Detroit, MI,

Did you ever think of checking your junkmail...??? Maybe your information was sent to that...??? Anyway, good luck partner in whatever you want to do. It took me about three days to get the logon whenever it was that I joined and my notifycation went to my junkmail so do what you want.

Regards,

Pro Member First Officer
fourby First Officer

I've often wondered why guests kick off about registering/joining the site ???
I mean, surely it can't be, that it gets their back up because they can't download from the site ??? as we and they probably know, there's plenty of freeware sites to download from. And surely it can't be because they can't post, again, they can post as a guest, even using a name they intend to register with, untill they recieve their e-mail/info. 🙄

So, maybe it's the thought of been screwed over for $5 ??? not that they have, but, after 2 days, thats obviously what they may think. In a way I can understand their frustration, although I was lucky, and for me it did only take 2 days.

Or maybe it's the No-CD cracks their looking for ??? One thing I thought of was, make it free to join/post ect, and pay the $5 in order to download from the site Idea

Or maybe I should ask the original topic starter.......

Kevin D. Caldwell
Detroit, MI,

A straight forward simple honest question........ considering nothing or no one has had you over for a measly $5, exactly what is it that get people's back up like yourself, when your not replied to in 2 days ???

Thankyou. 😕

[quote=If this were a business there might be some room for a complaint, but it's not a business. This is a site for like minded people to enjoy their hobby. If things don't happen instantly we realize there is no one 24/7 running this site and sometimes things don't get done as quickly as we would like.

Reasonable questions get reasonable answers on this site, tantrums don't.[/quote]

Ok lets study your analagy for a moment. Hmmm, I can post messages in the forums for free but I have to pay if I want to download aircraft. I HAVE TO PAY TO DOWNLOAD THE AIRCRAFT. The site is selling me this. They are accepting payment for PROVIDING this privilege of downloading new planes. THEY ARE CHARGING ME TO PROVIDE A GOOD TO ME. Now if that doesn't sound like a business I don't know what does..

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Flyaway has some properties that can be seen as a business but then again it has properties that suggest it isn't a business. This is irrelevant. What people are trying to get at is the fact that it wasn't built to be a profit making organisation, rather to fund the workings of the site for enthusiasts.

Individual businesses are established in order to perform economic activities. With some exceptions (such as cooperatives, non-profit organizations and generally, institutions of government), businesses exist to produce profit. In other words, the owners and operators of a business have as one of their main objectives the receipt or generation of a financial return in exchange for expending time, effort and capital.

Read that, especially the section in bold. The site never set out to make a profit, but to fund the workings of the site to provide a nice experience for members. It really isn't as sinister as you make it out to be

😉

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

Anonymous wrote:

Ok lets study your analagy for a moment. Hmmm, I can post messages in the forums for free but I have to pay if I want to download aircraft. I HAVE TO PAY TO DOWNLOAD THE AIRCRAFT. The site is selling me this. They are accepting payment for PROVIDING this privilege of downloading new planes. THEY ARE CHARGING ME TO PROVIDE A GOOD TO ME. Now if that doesn't sound like a business I don't know what does..

Many sites charge a small fee or ask for donations simply to pay for the bandwidth used. It isn't for profit my friend, it's to be able to allow the site to exist. Would you start a web site costing you possibly hundreds of dollars just for the fun of it? I doubt it. I don't think this site is run for profit but the fee is to help pay expenses.

If you want to term that as a business, I hope you don't go into business, you will go broke.

This isn't GM or Ford, this is a site started by an individual for the enjoyment of our hobby. If you don't see the difference in that then you are a total loss.

YellowC4S Guest

of eyes. Along with this comes two diffrerent sets of opinions, thought processes, etc. This can be a good thing since I am new here I can present a "fresh" perspective whereas since you've obviously been here for a while and have seen the same thing day after day, your perspective on it is more than likely a lot narrower than mine.
I don't think the site is "sinister". I truely believe that had I gotten a chance to explore it, I would have found it rather entertaining and educational. My direct ire lies not with the site itself, but with is management or to be more specific, it's mis-management. I could never run my business like this, leaving my customers just hanging, not knowing when or if they will receive their finished product.
I just had a thought. This is a FORUM. A place where people with like minds/ideas/ideals come to communicate those ideas and ideals. However managment, those individuals who created the stage in the first place don't even utilize it. Management has failed to communicate and/or interact with the very customer base that pays the bills.

Please, just think about that for a moment...

Pro Member Chief Captain
Michael Thomas (SteveT) Chief Captain

At the end of the day - ITS ONLY $5!!!

Is it really such a big payment to make????

Pro Member Chief Captain

I've really gotten bored with this whole thing.

It seems to be a nice day to take my Cessna 337 out for a spin.

If this thread is still going on after I land, I'll throw an air-sick bag at it. Twisted Evil

In the mean time, the malcontnents can talk to themselves.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Free your GUB Crash.... ROFL ROFL ROFL 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

😂 I think you are right

Pro Member First Officer
alohajoe First Officer

Dude, its a life time membership for $5,just $5. Plus from what i've seen, you also get a membership to avsim.com. i might be wrong though.

Oh yeah, my notice thing came 10 days after i joined and i'm still very satisfied. 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain

alohajoe wrote:

Dude, its a life time membership for $5,just $5. Plus from what i've seen, you also get a membership to avsim.com. i might be wrong though.

Oh yeah, my notice thing came 10 days after i joined and i'm still very satisfied. 😀

As far as I know, there is no connection to avsim.

Pro Member Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

ROFL at Kevin whateverhisnamewas, it was just $5!

Grow up and get over it! ROFL

Pro Member Chief Captain

cheekytrolly wrote:

ROFL at Kevin whateverhisnamewas, it was just $5!

Grow up and get over it! ROFL

His account has since been activated 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

What a shame. 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

I fail to see the funny side of this sad affair.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

I fail to see the funny side of this sad affair.

Likewise......just as I fail to see the reason for rudeness in this thread Dont Know

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

lol

this guy is clearly an idiot - to be honest the site is better off without him 🙂

I like how he goes to all the effort to point out to us he is older than 14 and then shows his true mental age and capacity by signing off "SCREW YOU" or whatever

hahahahaha

that's superb!