Has It Happened To You

Pro Member Captain
PanAmerican Captain

Is your computer being watched by the local police. Mine is and it's a pest!

Answers 19 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

Most likely, but not by the local police. It's more likely mine is being watched or has been watched buy the FBI, and no I didn't break any laws, but I won't go into it here.

Pro Member First Officer
Jason Melancon (Mithheru) First Officer

It wouldn't surprise me too much if they're watching us. I'm not concerned about it because they have no reason to worry themselves over me. Only way I'd take control of a real airplane is if I won the lottery and I'd be right there at the Cirrus company placing my order for one of those sweet SR22's...after I got my pilot's license first of course.

And once I got it I would do my absolute best to keep it in one piece and in tip-top condition.

Pro Member Captain
PanAmerican Captain

When I logged in to this website, I got a warning that there are Adult Pictures on this site. (I've never seen that before.)

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Flyaway has reset our clock to match the atomic clock and has worked on some script here the last few days.
He is also working on limiting something so the forum will be faster, a program is slowing it down.
That may be the cause of your problems.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

I suspect your ISP has filters installed which produce that message. You can ask them and I am sure they will tell you.

As for me, I am sure the FBI/CIA/NSA have monitored my email. I routinely send out bogus emails loaded with phrases that are guaranteed to trigger their software. I also have an account at an overseas email service and routinely send myself "suspicious" messages.

I just do it to drive the powers that be crazy. I also send assorted text encrypted with a 4 kilobit encryption key. Let them burn a few CPU cycles dealing with it. Twisted Evil

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

PanAmerican wrote:

When I logged in to this website, I got a warning that there are Adult Pictures on this site. (I've never seen that before.)

I guess I missed them to, unless you consider pictures of aircraft adult pictures.

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

As for me, I am sure the FBI/CIA/NSA have monitored my email. I routinely send out bogus emails loaded with phrases that are guaranteed to trigger their software. I also have an account at an overseas email service and routinely send myself "suspicious" messages.

I just do it to drive the powers that be crazy. I also send assorted text encrypted with a 4 kilobit encryption key. Let them burn a few CPU cycles dealing with it. Twisted Evil

That is one way I know I have been monitored, I use key words guaranteed to catch their attention just for aggravation.

You do know all we are doing is creating overtime for them. ROFL

Pro Member Chief Captain

Wait till they discover that I've been sending encrypted excerpts of the Bible, Edgar Allen Poe and the Congressional Record. 😂 😂 😂 😂

Pro Member First Officer
kianok First Officer

Naaa they got better things to do 😎

Pro Member Captain
PanAmerican Captain

I heard this from one of my friends whose dad is a cop said this:
"I don't think that anyone that is underage --- -- ------- -- ---- will be prosecuted. Because that will hurt the Nations image to the world"(Cop).

in the message you will see dotted lines. I don't want to say what is sopposed to be there, because I'm sure you can fill in the blanks. Plus, the government is watching 😳 Unsure

Pro Member First Officer
kianok First Officer

don't think they are getting too stressed about a sim forum..... Secret

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

kianok wrote:

don't think they are getting too stressed about a sim forum..... Secret

You never know, they may think they will find some aspiring pilots with bad intentions on a flight sim. 🙂

Pro Member First Officer
kianok First Officer

suppose so...... i hope they all do and make all our lives safer 😛

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

What it all boils down to is George Orwell's 1984.

That man was a prophet - what a genius. I doubt very much that '1984' will be made compulsory reading for students any time soon. Fear

Pro Member Chief Captain

Actually, I think we are well past 1984. And I don't mean chronologically.

Orwell was very dramatic in his view of the "future". In reality, the erosion of privacy has been much more subtle and pervasive.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

Actually, I think we are well past 1984. And I don't mean chronologically.

Orwell was very dramatic in his view of the "future". In reality, the erosion of privacy has been much more subtle and pervasive.

Yes, we are well past 1984 - in both senses.

Orwell was as dramatic as any writer of fiction is and has to be.
When '1984' was published in the late 1940s, roundabout three years after the end of WWII, readers where shocked. After all, this was a time of healing and looking forward to a better future.
Yet amongst all the optimism, Orwell had the foresight and was able to imagine what the consequences for civil liberty could be in a 'golden age' dominated by senseless consumerism and widespread apathy.

How could anyone have foreseen to what length the authorities would go in order to introduce their perverse definition of 'freedom' and thus erode our privacy.

Ironically, the first PCs where available in 1982 if I remember correctly.
I heard in the news that 'Google' has relaxed it's policies in order to continue business in China.

All in all, Orwell was much closer to the truth than most of us who are alive today.

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

PanAm - in relation to the comment where a sig would be placed on how we are being watched by the FBI, I would firstly like to know where your proof is? Secondly, this is a international forum (unless I am sadly mistaken) and one thing is for sure, I no that there is no way I am being watched by the US FBI. 🙄

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

jarred_01 wrote:

PanAm - in relation to the comment where a sig would be placed on how we are being watched by the FBI, I would firstly like to know where your proof is? Secondly, this is a international forum (unless I am sadly mistaken) and one thing is for sure, I no that there is no way I am being watched by the US FBI. 🙄

This probably should be in the off topic forum, and maybe it will be moved there, but snooping on email and computer activity is real here. Using certain key words will get you monitored (at least in the subject line of email).

Pro Member Captain
PanAmerican Captain

jarred_01 wrote:

I got my proof from the following:
1. Fox News
2. Website that said you were being monitered by the CIA, FBI, NSA, & your local police. Then it had a link which showed that your computer could become evidence against you.
3. My friend who is a COP.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...